obesity is the result of taking in more calories through your diet than you are burning through phy
genes related to obesity may affect how we metabolize food or store fat. They could also affect our behavior, which we tilted toward lifestyle choices that increase our risk of being obese:
* Some genes may control appetite, which makes us less able to sense if we are complete.
* Certain genes may make us more sensitive to the taste, smell or sight of food.
* Some genes may affect our sense of taste, giving us preference for fatty foods, or put us out of healthy foods.
* Certain genes may make us less likely to engage in physical activity.
People with genes related to obesity are not intended to be obese. But they have a higher risk of obesity.
Obesity is increasingly common. For example, the number of obese people in the UK have tripled over the past 25 years. This is due to changes in lifestyle, particularly changes in foods that are available and the amount of physical activity that people take.
Food tastes better, is available in several varieties, and is less expensive, especially processed foods. Portion sizes are getting bigger, usually at an additional cost very little. For convenience, the more people eat packaged foods, fast food and soft drinks, which are often high in calories, fat, salt and sugar. And these types of foods are heavily advertising, especially for children.
How caloric balance is controlled
Our genes and our environment both affect the setting of the thermostat weight "and can cause an imbalance in calories. For example, our genes can affect the amounts and types of food we prefer to eat. And our environment affects the amounts and types of food available to eat.
Thus, most of the time, the weight of our body is controlled by instinctive drives. This is why it is inaccurate to say that obesity is simply due to a lack of will. It's a way too simple to consider a very complex condition. And it may make obese people feel guilty or stigmatized.
We can not change our genetic makeup and it is very difficult to control our environment. But we can learn to control the life choices we make.
Because our calorie balance is controlled by instinctual drives, short term "quick fix" solutions (including most diet programs) eventually fail. Instead, we must make decisions of life in the long term, including a healthy diet and regular physical activity to reduce the risk of being obese.
This will reduce the risk of cancer, heart disease, diabetes and several other major diseases. Even relatively small losses, such as 10% of our total weight, can have positive effects on our health.
You may also be interested in:
Person's weight gain, and a number of factors, including the accumulation of
Virtually any form of exercise, from aerobics to weightlifting, can act as a
Special Note Should pay attention to the activity of self-protection, to avoid
Lipid-lowering diet can only use herbs to lose weight and can not use any
Acupuncture is the Chinese cultural legacy, through the study of traditional
Modern medicine more than simple obesity associated with endocrine disorders, a
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- Lotus leaf tea help you lose weight
- 3 days by 5 kg, fruits detox diet meal
- Symptoms of fungal vaginitis
- Weight Loss,Natural Appetite Suppressants
- Chinese Herbs Treating Weight Loss
- natural weight loss-Herbs That Increase Metabolism for Weight Loss
- Lose Weight Stop Eating Flour
- what is Cervical tube inflammation?
- Postpartum Weight Loss Guide to Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Acupuncture for fat loss
Best of tcmwell.com
Researchers from the University of Massachusetts Medical School in Worcester,
Avoiding delicacies can be a herculean task for most people. Appetite
Smoking and obesity are two major behavioral risk factors of premature death in
Acupuncture weight loss in the ancient medical works although not well
India Yoga is derived from an ancient Indian art of physical , flesh and spirit
Ephedra is also known to prevent the Chinese name of m . Ephedra genus has many
- is it normal for the testes to hang in between a man's legs
- Is this a normal penis behavior?
- How to resolve constipation
- How can Healthy Weight Loss?
- How to treat gastric ulcer
- Gastric cancer patients to eat?
- How to care for patients with H1N1
- What is the reason for infertility
- Impotence causes
- Cause stomach pain reasons
- This is a urethral stones do?
- How treatment of stroke ?
- I do not know what the reason for feet of swollen?
- Irregular menstruation should be how Conditioning?
- Finger joint pain is not arthritis?
- The missing link to weight loss long term
- Quick Natural Weight Loss 2 Cheap Methods to Lose 10 Pounds in 15 Days
- Cactus can lose weight
- Exercise can relieve stress for you
- Weight Loss,High Protein Diet
- The benefits and principles of acupuncture to lose weight
- Smoking and obesity are risk factors
- Acupuncture Help Weight Loss
- What is acupuncture to lose weight?
- Lose Weight Stop Eating Flour
- Remedies for Weight Loss
- Acupuncture accelerate weight loss
- Ephedra and Weight Loss
- commonly used acupuncture weight loss
- Healthy Secrets for Losing Weight Naturally