The three main causes of chronic cough in adults are cough syndrome of upper airways (UACS, also known as syndrome postnasal drip), asthma and gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). The treatment described as the most effective cough resolution tests for the three conditions and treating them simultaneously.
Chronic cough - often causing much discomfort, frustration, irritability and sleep disorders in 10 percent to 20 percent of adults - is one of the main reasons for consultation with a doctor, according to a report published this month in Annals of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, the scientific journal of the American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology (ACAAI).
Matthew A. Rang, MD, the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, and his colleagues, define a chronic cough that lasts longer than 8 weeks in adults and 4 weeks in children.
"Coughing plays an important role in the body's defense system by clearing the airway of excess secretions and foreign bodies," note the authors. "However, some patients in May and unnecessary excessive cough and May lead to a general deterioration in the quality of life. "
"Unfortunately, less research is available in childhood cough when compared with their adult counterparts," said co-author John Oppenheimer, MD, UMDNJ-New Jersey Medical School, Cendar Knolls, NJ "In a study , bacterial bronchitis was identified as the most common explanation for chronic cough in children, while asthma, GERD and UACS is less than 10 percent of the diagnosis. On the other hand, in another study , asthma was found in the most common cause of chronic cough in children, reinforcing the need for further research to identify causes of cough in this population. "
New diagnostic techniques and treatments in May of more rapid development to provide relief cough patients. Measurement of expired nitric oxide is shown to correlate with airway inflammation for identifying asthma. Aeriflux a portable test system was developed in May facilitate the diagnosis of GERD associated cough.
Taming chronic cough requires a thorough evaluation. Considering the leading causes of chronic cough, the author notes that allergists should be crucial in the process of evaluation and management.
The American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology (ACAAI) is a healthcare provider with headquarters in Arlington Heights, Ill., that promotes excellence in the practice of the subspecialty of allergy and immunology. The College, comprising more than 5,000 allergists, immunologists and health professionals, fosters a culture of collaboration and interaction in which its members work together and with others toward the common goals of health care, education, advocacy and research.
You may also be interested in:
1, must be practical for ADHD children, don't like normal children as strict,
Divorce family children more prone to obesity. A study in Norway showed that
Many menopausal women suffering from insomnia , however , a new study has found
Like nails and is closely linked to human health , the hair can react to our
In the beautiful behind high heels , you may face the following major injury :
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- Symptoms of frontal lobe tumor
- How to treat verruca plana
- Holding back urine harm
- Gargle salt water can kill bacteria
- The impact of sex life on the gout
- Etiology of leukemia
- Temporal lobe tumor
- The performance of genital ulcer
- Sleeping too much condition is called hypersomnia
- Acupuncture Treatment of Alopecia Areata
Best of tcmwell.com
lipeigang Physician lipeigang Physician lipeigang Physician lipeigang Who are
Pressing-kneading the Points on the Neck and Nape: Extend the middle finger of
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) is an integral part of Chinese culture. He
Qi Gong is a term that describes a very complex and diverse tradition of
Many women from the Baby Boomer generation are experiencing (or rapidly
Pregnant women who live through wars are more likely to give birth to a child
- is it normal for the testes to hang in between a man's legs
- Is this a normal penis behavior?
- How to resolve constipation
- How can Healthy Weight Loss?
- How to treat gastric ulcer
- Gastric cancer patients to eat?
- How to care for patients with H1N1
- What is the reason for infertility
- Impotence causes
- Cause stomach pain reasons
- This is a urethral stones do?
- How treatment of stroke ?
- I do not know what the reason for feet of swollen?
- Irregular menstruation should be how Conditioning?
- Finger joint pain is not arthritis?
- Nonsmokers Live Longer, Recover Faster
- Sweet and Sour Pork
- DIY Acupuncture-The Five Tigers
- Yoga can reduce menopausal women insomnia
- Fruit Juice,Friend or Foe
- Bruises, cuts and injuries
- Rising Drug Costs Decrease Rates of Treatment
- How To Practise Health Fitness Exercise:Qigong
- How to treat toothache natural Treatments
- Sleeping too much condition is called hypersomnia
- Traditional Chinese Medicine and mushrooms
- Natural way to whiten teeth
- Chinese Herbs for the mind: Action for depression, anxiety, insomnia
- Theory typical Chinese minorities in medicine
- Saint in Chinese Medicine Zhang Zhongjing