The three main causes of chronic cough in adults are cough syndrome of upper airways (UACS, also known as syndrome postnasal drip), asthma and gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). The treatment described as the most effective cough resolution tests for the three conditions and treating them simultaneously.
Chronic cough - often causing much discomfort, frustration, irritability and sleep disorders in 10 percent to 20 percent of adults - is one of the main reasons for consultation with a doctor, according to a report published this month in Annals of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, the scientific journal of the American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology (ACAAI).
Matthew A. Rang, MD, the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, and his colleagues, define a chronic cough that lasts longer than 8 weeks in adults and 4 weeks in children.
"Coughing plays an important role in the body's defense system by clearing the airway of excess secretions and foreign bodies," note the authors. "However, some patients in May and unnecessary excessive cough and May lead to a general deterioration in the quality of life. "
"Unfortunately, less research is available in childhood cough when compared with their adult counterparts," said co-author John Oppenheimer, MD, UMDNJ-New Jersey Medical School, Cendar Knolls, NJ "In a study , bacterial bronchitis was identified as the most common explanation for chronic cough in children, while asthma, GERD and UACS is less than 10 percent of the diagnosis. On the other hand, in another study , asthma was found in the most common cause of chronic cough in children, reinforcing the need for further research to identify causes of cough in this population. "
New diagnostic techniques and treatments in May of more rapid development to provide relief cough patients. Measurement of expired nitric oxide is shown to correlate with airway inflammation for identifying asthma. Aeriflux a portable test system was developed in May facilitate the diagnosis of GERD associated cough.
Taming chronic cough requires a thorough evaluation. Considering the leading causes of chronic cough, the author notes that allergists should be crucial in the process of evaluation and management.
The American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology (ACAAI) is a healthcare provider with headquarters in Arlington Heights, Ill., that promotes excellence in the practice of the subspecialty of allergy and immunology. The College, comprising more than 5,000 allergists, immunologists and health professionals, fosters a culture of collaboration and interaction in which its members work together and with others toward the common goals of health care, education, advocacy and research.
You may also be interested in:
1, must be practical for ADHD children, don't like normal children as strict,
Divorce family children more prone to obesity. A study in Norway showed that
Many menopausal women suffering from insomnia , however , a new study has found
Like nails and is closely linked to human health , the hair can react to our
In the beautiful behind high heels , you may face the following major injury :
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- Symptoms of frontal lobe tumor
- How to treat verruca plana
- Holding back urine harm
- Gargle salt water can kill bacteria
- The impact of sex life on the gout
- Etiology of leukemia
- Temporal lobe tumor
- The performance of genital ulcer
- Sleeping too much condition is called hypersomnia
- Acupuncture Treatment of Alopecia Areata
Best of tcmwell.com
Men with high levels of calcium in the blood of May have a much higher risk to
Hypnotherapy to quit smoking is a common reason for people to seek out
Adequate food protein is the material basis of hair are advised to eat more
Three Mistakes of Eating Habits Misunderstanding One: drink chicken soup to
And while the researchers said their findings can be applied only to the
A healthy lifestyle will help you reap rich dividends in the long run. It is
- is it normal for the testes to hang in between a man's legs
- Is this a normal penis behavior?
- How to resolve constipation
- How can Healthy Weight Loss?
- How to treat gastric ulcer
- Gastric cancer patients to eat?
- How to care for patients with H1N1
- What is the reason for infertility
- Impotence causes
- Cause stomach pain reasons
- This is a urethral stones do?
- How treatment of stroke ?
- I do not know what the reason for feet of swollen?
- Irregular menstruation should be how Conditioning?
- Finger joint pain is not arthritis?
- Study Finds, Energy Drinks Jolt Blood Pressure
- Smokers Have Higher Risks for Bowel Diseases
- Three Mistakes of Eating Habits
- Grape juice good for the heart
- Nine Tips to Keep Your Heart Healthy
- Investigation into the operation and use of Tibetan Materia Medica
- Hand sanitizer is a carcinogen really do?
- Fat Cells of Obesity
- History of Qi Gong and Taoist Meditation
- How to Reduce and Totally Stop Your Hair Loss
- Self-tuina on the Neck
- Local and Ethnic Features of Chinese Ethnic Minority Medicine
- Salmonellosis outbreak
- Can You Handle Your Back Pain After Knee Surgery
- Hypertension, a Silent Killer