Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM)
TCM is the general term for the style of acupuncture which most acupuncturists are trained in, at least initially, and the style which most people practice. As this is the most foundational grouping there is a broad range of techniques used and treatment protocols. Most recent clinical studies regarding acupuncture usually use treatment techniques a/or protocols based on TCM Theory.
Korean Acupuncture is another broad categorization which in actual practice includes some unique techniques and applications as well as techniques and theory from both TCM and Japanese acupuncture. In general there is more use of the Five Element Theory and an emphasis on your body type or constitution when developing treatments. Korean Hand Acupuncture is a popular subset of Korean Acupuncture where the hands are considered a microsystem of the entire body. Within this system you may diagnose and treat conditions anywhere in the body by treating just the hands. This is similar in theory to Auricular acupuncture.
Japanese Acupuncture is a style of acupuncture which requires additional training above and beyond general TCM Theory and Practice. The techniques within Japanese acupuncture are generally aimed at using the least amount of stimulation to create the greatest effect. To contrast with TCM, Japanese acupuncture typically uses thinner needles, less points and less stimulation by using more shallow needle insertions even to the point of just touching the needle to the skin. Additionally, while not entirely unique to Japanese acupuncture, practitioners tend to use the abdomen as a diagnostic tool more often than other styles of acupuncture.
Five Element acupuncture is a speciality practice which can be similar in needling style to Japanese Acupuncture but tends to concentrate more on the psycho-spiritual nature of a person to heal disease - including physical disease. This style of medicine was popularized by the late J.R. Worsley and requires significant training outside of general TCM theory. Most practitioners will have gone to a school that specializes in Five Element acupuncture or at least have done post-graduate study at one.
You may also be interested in:
Cut Down on Calories, Especially in the Evening Obesity and overweight have
What will you find in this Guide? The goal of our Online Guide to Allergies and
Eating four or more apples a week during pregnancy appeared to lower the risk
In fact, a kind of apple cider vinegar is just vinegar, while the use of
Each year, thousands of Canadians promise to quit smoking. Nicotine patches,
Too much sleep you do not want to appear evil, but in reality the average
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- Symptoms of frontal lobe tumor
- How to treat verruca plana
- Holding back urine harm
- Gargle salt water can kill bacteria
- Etiology of leukemia
- The impact of sex life on the gout
- The performance of genital ulcer
- Liver cyst is a relatively common benign liver disease
- Acupuncture Treatment of Alopecia Areata
- Teens & Poor Sleep, High Blood Pressure
Best of tcmwell.com
Adequate food protein is the material basis of hair are advised to eat more
Women who want to keep type 2 diabetes should load their plates with green
Techniques such as yoga, meditation, biofeedback and progressive relaxation,
Medicine and healing have always played a central role in human civilization.
Step One: Internal Detoxification Drinking specially prepared Chinese herbal
Many doctors suggest C-sections for mothers with breech babies to ensure the
- is it normal for the testes to hang in between a man's legs
- Is this a normal penis behavior?
- How to resolve constipation
- How can Healthy Weight Loss?
- How to treat gastric ulcer
- Gastric cancer patients to eat?
- How to care for patients with H1N1
- What is the reason for infertility
- Impotence causes
- Cause stomach pain reasons
- This is a urethral stones do?
- How treatment of stroke ?
- I do not know what the reason for feet of swollen?
- Irregular menstruation should be how Conditioning?
- Finger joint pain is not arthritis?
- Uygur Medicine Influence of Arab Culture
- The Chinese folks pulls out a fire bottle-Burn a day fire
- help many to get rid of Addiction
- Only 15 per cent of elderly with depression are diagnosed
- Tibetan medicine diagnostic methods - Pulse Diagnosis
- Salmonellosis outbreak
- History of Qi Gong and Taoist Meditation
- Can You Handle Your Back Pain After Knee Surgery
- Quit Smoking With Hypnosis
- Acupuncture Helps Some Pregnant Women Avoid C-Sections
- Local and Ethnic Features of Chinese Ethnic Minority Medicine
- chronic cough
- Herbs and Human Health
- Yoga Helps Those With Asthma
- Chinese Herbs for the mind: Action for depression, anxiety, insomnia