Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM)
TCM is the general term for the style of acupuncture which most acupuncturists are trained in, at least initially, and the style which most people practice. As this is the most foundational grouping there is a broad range of techniques used and treatment protocols. Most recent clinical studies regarding acupuncture usually use treatment techniques a/or protocols based on TCM Theory.
Korean Acupuncture is another broad categorization which in actual practice includes some unique techniques and applications as well as techniques and theory from both TCM and Japanese acupuncture. In general there is more use of the Five Element Theory and an emphasis on your body type or constitution when developing treatments. Korean Hand Acupuncture is a popular subset of Korean Acupuncture where the hands are considered a microsystem of the entire body. Within this system you may diagnose and treat conditions anywhere in the body by treating just the hands. This is similar in theory to Auricular acupuncture.
Japanese Acupuncture is a style of acupuncture which requires additional training above and beyond general TCM Theory and Practice. The techniques within Japanese acupuncture are generally aimed at using the least amount of stimulation to create the greatest effect. To contrast with TCM, Japanese acupuncture typically uses thinner needles, less points and less stimulation by using more shallow needle insertions even to the point of just touching the needle to the skin. Additionally, while not entirely unique to Japanese acupuncture, practitioners tend to use the abdomen as a diagnostic tool more often than other styles of acupuncture.
Five Element acupuncture is a speciality practice which can be similar in needling style to Japanese Acupuncture but tends to concentrate more on the psycho-spiritual nature of a person to heal disease - including physical disease. This style of medicine was popularized by the late J.R. Worsley and requires significant training outside of general TCM theory. Most practitioners will have gone to a school that specializes in Five Element acupuncture or at least have done post-graduate study at one.
You may also be interested in:
Many menopausal women suffering from insomnia , however , a new study has found
Like nails and is closely linked to human health , the hair can react to our
In the beautiful behind high heels , you may face the following major injury :
Myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS). Like with leukemia, which is a hematological
Core Tip: Embrace is a way people express emotion , it can not only soothe
Cut Down on Calories, Especially in the Evening Obesity and overweight have
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- Symptoms of frontal lobe tumor
- How to treat verruca plana
- Holding back urine harm
- Gargle salt water can kill bacteria
- Etiology of leukemia
- The impact of sex life on the gout
- Temporal lobe tumor
- The performance of genital ulcer
- Sleeping too much condition is called hypersomnia
- Liver cyst is a relatively common benign liver disease
Best of tcmwell.com
"Athens is a college town, and we have thousands of college kids standing
Researchers examined data from surveys conducted in Australia in 2001 and 2004.
Toothpastes, strips and kits can be purchased in your desire to make your teeth
Medicine and healing have always played a central role in human civilization.
For many centuries these rather unexciting and neglected studied fruit rose
Chinese Taiji Sword introduces 32 forms of taiji sword. And Xue Anri, renown
- is it normal for the testes to hang in between a man's legs
- Is this a normal penis behavior?
- How to resolve constipation
- How can Healthy Weight Loss?
- How to treat gastric ulcer
- Gastric cancer patients to eat?
- How to care for patients with H1N1
- What is the reason for infertility
- Impotence causes
- Cause stomach pain reasons
- This is a urethral stones do?
- How treatment of stroke ?
- I do not know what the reason for feet of swollen?
- Irregular menstruation should be how Conditioning?
- Finger joint pain is not arthritis?
- Quit Smoking With Hypnosis
- Grain Fiber And Magnesium Intake Associated With Lower Risk For Diabetes
- The Best Way to Quit Smoking is The One That Works For You
- People Taking Stairs Expected to Live Longer
- BASIC PRINCIPLES
- Qigong And Tai Chi Classes At Lower Township Library
- Study Finds, Energy Drinks Jolt Blood Pressure
- Smokers Have Higher Risks for Bowel Diseases
- The complications of smoking
- Hair needs nutrition
- Tibetan medicine diagnostic methods - Pulse Diagnosis
- Only 15 per cent of elderly with depression are diagnosed
- Study Finds Strong Anti-Cancer Properties In Cruciferous Veggies
- Three Mistakes of Eating Habits
- At Meals Soup Help Cut Calories