Movie characters influence teen smoking
'Previous studies have confirmed a link between smoking in movies and the initiation of smoking by adolescents, and we wanted to dig deeper into the data to see if the type of character who is smoking matters. Is it 'good guys' or 'bad guys' that have more of an influence?' lead author Susanne Tanski of the Dartmouth Medical School said in a statement.
Movie characters who smoke, regardless of whether they are 'good guys' or 'bad guys,' influence teens to try smoking, U.S. researchers found.
The study, published in the journal Pediatrics, revealed that low-risk teens, based on sensation-seeking behavior, are more strongly influenced by 'bad guy' movie smoking.
'It's true that 'bad guys' are more often smokers in the movies, but there really are not that many 'bad guys' compared to 'good guys.' Episode for episode, youth who saw negative character smoking were more likely to start smoking, but since overall there is so much more exposure to 'good guy' smoking, the net effect is similar.'
'This suggests that it's alluring for 'good' kids to emulate the 'bad' characters on the movie screen,' Tanksi said.
You may also be interested in:
Cut Down on Calories, Especially in the Evening Obesity and overweight have
What will you find in this Guide? The goal of our Online Guide to Allergies and
Eating four or more apples a week during pregnancy appeared to lower the risk
In fact, a kind of apple cider vinegar is just vinegar, while the use of
Each year, thousands of Canadians promise to quit smoking. Nicotine patches,
Too much sleep you do not want to appear evil, but in reality the average
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- Symptoms of frontal lobe tumor
- How to treat verruca plana
- Holding back urine harm
- Gargle salt water can kill bacteria
- Etiology of leukemia
- The impact of sex life on the gout
- The performance of genital ulcer
- Temporal lobe tumor
- Sleeping too much condition is called hypersomnia
- Liver cyst is a relatively common benign liver disease
Best of tcmwell.com
From the perspective of the patient, the most frequent problems observed in a
Prostate cancer researcher says that the Chinese compound ginger and curry
A new study published in the journal Minerva Cardioangiologica Wednesday
Aromatherapy : Essential oils can help treat some symptoms of depression but is
The last stage for most of the people is on the operating table for a number of
The complex of the geographical environment, and more in particular climatic
- is it normal for the testes to hang in between a man's legs
- Is this a normal penis behavior?
- How to resolve constipation
- How can Healthy Weight Loss?
- How to treat gastric ulcer
- Gastric cancer patients to eat?
- How to care for patients with H1N1
- What is the reason for infertility
- Impotence causes
- Cause stomach pain reasons
- This is a urethral stones do?
- How treatment of stroke ?
- I do not know what the reason for feet of swollen?
- Irregular menstruation should be how Conditioning?
- Finger joint pain is not arthritis?
- Migraines may protect against memory loss
- Sleep Your Way To A Lower Cholesterol
- Fat Cells of Obesity
- Uygur Medicine Improve Human Body Health
- DIY Acupuncture-The Five Tigers
- The risk of sugary drinks
- Chinese Medicine Help for Depression
- Plantain root, treating diabetes
- Pine Bark Reduces Jetlag
- CCTV to launch a "hand-like disease where a" physician or lipeigang is God?
- Traditional Chinese Medicine Categories of Depression
- Foot Massage improve Zang-fu Organs And Underdevelopment Of Physique
- Structural description of the human body
- The Health Benefits
- How to Lose Weight While You Sleep!