Movie characters influence teen smoking
'Previous studies have confirmed a link between smoking in movies and the initiation of smoking by adolescents, and we wanted to dig deeper into the data to see if the type of character who is smoking matters. Is it 'good guys' or 'bad guys' that have more of an influence?' lead author Susanne Tanski of the Dartmouth Medical School said in a statement.
Movie characters who smoke, regardless of whether they are 'good guys' or 'bad guys,' influence teens to try smoking, U.S. researchers found.
The study, published in the journal Pediatrics, revealed that low-risk teens, based on sensation-seeking behavior, are more strongly influenced by 'bad guy' movie smoking.
'It's true that 'bad guys' are more often smokers in the movies, but there really are not that many 'bad guys' compared to 'good guys.' Episode for episode, youth who saw negative character smoking were more likely to start smoking, but since overall there is so much more exposure to 'good guy' smoking, the net effect is similar.'
'This suggests that it's alluring for 'good' kids to emulate the 'bad' characters on the movie screen,' Tanksi said.
You may also be interested in:
1, must be practical for ADHD children, don't like normal children as strict,
Divorce family children more prone to obesity. A study in Norway showed that
Many menopausal women suffering from insomnia , however , a new study has found
Like nails and is closely linked to human health , the hair can react to our
In the beautiful behind high heels , you may face the following major injury :
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- Symptoms of frontal lobe tumor
- How to treat verruca plana
- Holding back urine harm
- Gargle salt water can kill bacteria
- The impact of sex life on the gout
- Etiology of leukemia
- Temporal lobe tumor
- The performance of genital ulcer
- Sleeping too much condition is called hypersomnia
- Acupuncture Treatment of Alopecia Areata
Best of tcmwell.com
Zhongjing Zhang was born in Nan Nieyang County (now city Rangdong Deng County,
TCM is not a single health care system, but a general term covering many
Cell phone use does not appear to be associated with an increased risk of
The Zang-fu organs to refer to both bodies and the Zang Fu organs. Delicacy
Qigong is used as part of traditional Chinese medicine (TCM), in preventive and
Much research has been conducted on the pharmacology of Tibetan medicinal
- is it normal for the testes to hang in between a man's legs
- Is this a normal penis behavior?
- How to resolve constipation
- How can Healthy Weight Loss?
- How to treat gastric ulcer
- Gastric cancer patients to eat?
- How to care for patients with H1N1
- What is the reason for infertility
- Impotence causes
- Cause stomach pain reasons
- This is a urethral stones do?
- How treatment of stroke ?
- I do not know what the reason for feet of swollen?
- Irregular menstruation should be how Conditioning?
- Finger joint pain is not arthritis?
- Fruit Juice Tied To Rise In Diabetes Risk
- Ginger with Ease Nausea
- Remedies For Treating Allergies
- Quit Smoking With Hypnosis
- Hospital Benefits From Fewer Antibiotics
- Antidepressants may help kids?
- Stomachache of Symptoms
- Ginger, Curry May Offer Cure to Kennedy's Disease
- Acupuncture Anesthesia Child Gives New Chance
- Ban On Sweets In School Helps To Combat Childhood Obesity
- Foot Massage improve Zang-fu Organs And Underdevelopment Of Physique
- Ways To Prevent Upper Back Pain
- Sweet and Sour Pork
- Severe Life Events Raise Breast Cancer Risk
- Nonsmokers Live Longer, Recover Faster