Movie characters influence teen smoking
'Previous studies have confirmed a link between smoking in movies and the initiation of smoking by adolescents, and we wanted to dig deeper into the data to see if the type of character who is smoking matters. Is it 'good guys' or 'bad guys' that have more of an influence?' lead author Susanne Tanski of the Dartmouth Medical School said in a statement.
Movie characters who smoke, regardless of whether they are 'good guys' or 'bad guys,' influence teens to try smoking, U.S. researchers found.
The study, published in the journal Pediatrics, revealed that low-risk teens, based on sensation-seeking behavior, are more strongly influenced by 'bad guy' movie smoking.
'It's true that 'bad guys' are more often smokers in the movies, but there really are not that many 'bad guys' compared to 'good guys.' Episode for episode, youth who saw negative character smoking were more likely to start smoking, but since overall there is so much more exposure to 'good guy' smoking, the net effect is similar.'
'This suggests that it's alluring for 'good' kids to emulate the 'bad' characters on the movie screen,' Tanksi said.
You may also be interested in:
Many menopausal women suffering from insomnia , however , a new study has found
Like nails and is closely linked to human health , the hair can react to our
In the beautiful behind high heels , you may face the following major injury :
Myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS). Like with leukemia, which is a hematological
Core Tip: Embrace is a way people express emotion , it can not only soothe
Cut Down on Calories, Especially in the Evening Obesity and overweight have
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- Symptoms of frontal lobe tumor
- How to treat verruca plana
- Holding back urine harm
- Gargle salt water can kill bacteria
- Etiology of leukemia
- The impact of sex life on the gout
- Temporal lobe tumor
- The performance of genital ulcer
- Sleeping too much condition is called hypersomnia
- Liver cyst is a relatively common benign liver disease
Best of tcmwell.com
There was a clear pattern among men, whose Parkinson risk increased in tandem
Description The hair loss Hair loss is a medical term describing the partial or
In TCM, a primary concept is the idea of "root and branch." Symptoms like
"We are from a situation where coffee had a very negative image of health," Dr.
U.S. chemists have identified the odor that emanates from skin cancer, a
Reading in dim light or candle light may lead to poor vision. Unfortunately
- is it normal for the testes to hang in between a man's legs
- Is this a normal penis behavior?
- How to resolve constipation
- How can Healthy Weight Loss?
- How to treat gastric ulcer
- Gastric cancer patients to eat?
- How to care for patients with H1N1
- What is the reason for infertility
- Impotence causes
- Cause stomach pain reasons
- This is a urethral stones do?
- How treatment of stroke ?
- I do not know what the reason for feet of swollen?
- Irregular menstruation should be how Conditioning?
- Finger joint pain is not arthritis?
- Structural description of the human body
- Applegate Says She Is 100 Percent Cancer Free
- Insomnia cure at the push of a button
- At Meals Soup Help Cut Calories
- The complications of smoking
- China traditional ethnic medicines
- Severe Life Events Raise Breast Cancer Risk
- Rich Resource of Zhuang Medicines
- Conditions That Can Contribute to Fatigue
- How to Reduce and Totally Stop Your Hair Loss
- Hypertension, a Silent Killer
- Hug helps strengthen the immune system stay healthy
- The risk of sugary drinks
- Indoor Smoking Bans
- Migraines may protect against memory loss