Movie characters influence teen smoking
'Previous studies have confirmed a link between smoking in movies and the initiation of smoking by adolescents, and we wanted to dig deeper into the data to see if the type of character who is smoking matters. Is it 'good guys' or 'bad guys' that have more of an influence?' lead author Susanne Tanski of the Dartmouth Medical School said in a statement.
Movie characters who smoke, regardless of whether they are 'good guys' or 'bad guys,' influence teens to try smoking, U.S. researchers found.
The study, published in the journal Pediatrics, revealed that low-risk teens, based on sensation-seeking behavior, are more strongly influenced by 'bad guy' movie smoking.
'It's true that 'bad guys' are more often smokers in the movies, but there really are not that many 'bad guys' compared to 'good guys.' Episode for episode, youth who saw negative character smoking were more likely to start smoking, but since overall there is so much more exposure to 'good guy' smoking, the net effect is similar.'
'This suggests that it's alluring for 'good' kids to emulate the 'bad' characters on the movie screen,' Tanksi said.
You may also be interested in:
1, must be practical for ADHD children, don't like normal children as strict,
Divorce family children more prone to obesity. A study in Norway showed that
Many menopausal women suffering from insomnia , however , a new study has found
Like nails and is closely linked to human health , the hair can react to our
In the beautiful behind high heels , you may face the following major injury :
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- Symptoms of frontal lobe tumor
- How to treat verruca plana
- Holding back urine harm
- Gargle salt water can kill bacteria
- The impact of sex life on the gout
- Etiology of leukemia
- Temporal lobe tumor
- The performance of genital ulcer
- Sleeping too much condition is called hypersomnia
- Acupuncture Treatment of Alopecia Areata
Best of tcmwell.com
I am back! Back Tianjin feel good. Plane yesterday, Alan said we will be red.
Keep your bedroom quiet, dark, and comfortable. For many people, even the
David Bailey, professor of clinical pharmacology at the University of Western
This seems unusual, but Dr. Son and colleagues report on the effectiveness of
The Mongolian and Tibetan medicine is deeply influenced by the Tibetan Buddhist
Do not ignore the common cold, it could turn into chronic sinusitis and
- is it normal for the testes to hang in between a man's legs
- Is this a normal penis behavior?
- How to resolve constipation
- How can Healthy Weight Loss?
- How to treat gastric ulcer
- Gastric cancer patients to eat?
- How to care for patients with H1N1
- What is the reason for infertility
- Impotence causes
- Cause stomach pain reasons
- This is a urethral stones do?
- How treatment of stroke ?
- I do not know what the reason for feet of swollen?
- Irregular menstruation should be how Conditioning?
- Finger joint pain is not arthritis?
- Foot Massage improve Zang-fu Organs And Underdevelopment Of Physique
- Venom As Therapeutic Treatment Of Cancer?
- Movie characters influence teen smoking
- Identify Chemical Odor Of Skin Cancer
- Treat For Your Hiccups
- Insomnia cure at the push of a button
- Can You Handle Your Back Pain After Knee Surgery
- Acupuncture 'Helps Women Have Babies'
- The Health Benefits
- BASIC PRINCIPLES
- Some 110,000 Kids Die Of Water Borne Diseases Annually In Bangladesh
- Self-tuina on the Neck
- CCTV to launch a "hand-like disease where a" physician or lipeigang is God?
- Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Health experts teach you how to wear high heels