Exercise To Improve Memory
One group was on average twenty minutes of physical activity per day, mostly on foot vigorous, and this group has performed better on tests of memory and other cognitive functions.
The team from the Western Australian Center for Health and Aging conducted a 18 month trial using two control groups with an average age in the late 60s.
The WA Director of the Center for Health and Aging, Leon Flicker, says the increase was small but significant.
"Improving the functioning of memory was a little over a point on a scale that we use," he said. "To put in perspective, it is in fact higher than the effect of some drugs that have been tested in the past that, overall, were considered ineffective. "
Professor Flicker said people who took part in memory complaints, but none was suffering from dementia. He said more research must be done and what look at what kind of exercise is the best and if it can help those who suffer from dementia.
"What we have shown that a moderate increase in physical activity produces a moderate increase in the functioning of the brain, but if a lot more activity continue to be more effective, we can not say at this stage" , he said. The test results will be published in the Journal of the American Medical Association today.
You may also be interested in:
Cut Down on Calories, Especially in the Evening Obesity and overweight have
What will you find in this Guide? The goal of our Online Guide to Allergies and
Eating four or more apples a week during pregnancy appeared to lower the risk
In fact, a kind of apple cider vinegar is just vinegar, while the use of
Each year, thousands of Canadians promise to quit smoking. Nicotine patches,
Too much sleep you do not want to appear evil, but in reality the average
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- Symptoms of frontal lobe tumor
- How to treat verruca plana
- Holding back urine harm
- Gargle salt water can kill bacteria
- Etiology of leukemia
- The impact of sex life on the gout
- The performance of genital ulcer
- Temporal lobe tumor
- Sleeping too much condition is called hypersomnia
- Liver cyst is a relatively common benign liver disease
Best of tcmwell.com
A 10-YEAR-OLD boy from a poor family in Sichuan province has finally received
The more an adolescent perceived that successful and elite people smoke
Influenza A H1N1 influenza treatment program that a flow of main mode of
In China, before the mid-twentieth century, all mental illnesses were treated
Among the types of minority Chinese medicine, systems theory of Tibetan,
Choi, University of British Columbia in Vancouver, and Dr. Gary Curhan of
- is it normal for the testes to hang in between a man's legs
- Is this a normal penis behavior?
- How to resolve constipation
- How can Healthy Weight Loss?
- How to treat gastric ulcer
- Gastric cancer patients to eat?
- How to care for patients with H1N1
- What is the reason for infertility
- Impotence causes
- Cause stomach pain reasons
- This is a urethral stones do?
- How treatment of stroke ?
- I do not know what the reason for feet of swollen?
- Irregular menstruation should be how Conditioning?
- Finger joint pain is not arthritis?
- Chinese medicine beauty you caring hormone
- Smokers Have Higher Risks for Bowel Diseases
- Green Tea May Protect Bladder From Becoming Inflamed
- Finding underlying cause key to fixing sleep disorders
- Ways To Prevent Upper Back Pain
- Treat For Your Hiccups
- Can You Handle Your Back Pain After Knee Surgery
- Chinese Tibetan Medicine
- Natural Home Remedies for Common cold
- Good methods of slimming leg
- Chinese Medicine Treat Depression
- At Meals Soup Help Cut Calories
- Natural way to whiten teeth
- Acupuncture for Asthma treatment
- Sweet and Sour Pork