Exercise To Improve Memory
One group was on average twenty minutes of physical activity per day, mostly on foot vigorous, and this group has performed better on tests of memory and other cognitive functions.
The team from the Western Australian Center for Health and Aging conducted a 18 month trial using two control groups with an average age in the late 60s.
The WA Director of the Center for Health and Aging, Leon Flicker, says the increase was small but significant.
"Improving the functioning of memory was a little over a point on a scale that we use," he said. "To put in perspective, it is in fact higher than the effect of some drugs that have been tested in the past that, overall, were considered ineffective. "
Professor Flicker said people who took part in memory complaints, but none was suffering from dementia. He said more research must be done and what look at what kind of exercise is the best and if it can help those who suffer from dementia.
"What we have shown that a moderate increase in physical activity produces a moderate increase in the functioning of the brain, but if a lot more activity continue to be more effective, we can not say at this stage" , he said. The test results will be published in the Journal of the American Medical Association today.
You may also be interested in:
Winter is the neck shoulder pain prone season, the other seasons do not feel
1, must be practical for ADHD children, don't like normal children as strict,
Divorce family children more prone to obesity. A study in Norway showed that
Many menopausal women suffering from insomnia , however , a new study has found
Like nails and is closely linked to human health , the hair can react to our
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- Symptoms of frontal lobe tumor
- How to treat verruca plana
- Holding back urine harm
- Gargle salt water can kill bacteria
- The impact of sex life on the gout
- Etiology of leukemia
- Temporal lobe tumor
- The performance of genital ulcer
- Sleeping too much condition is called hypersomnia
- Acupuncture Treatment of Alopecia Areata
Best of tcmwell.com
Western medicine is a science-based anthropotomy and takes its first principles
Currently, the application of natural herbs and experiences have become a hot
The Mongolian and Tibetan medicine is deeply influenced by the Tibetan Buddhist
We all know that a healthy lifestyle can not exist without adequate exercise.
And while the researchers said their findings can be applied only to the
"Athens is a college town, and we have thousands of college kids standing
- is it normal for the testes to hang in between a man's legs
- Is this a normal penis behavior?
- How to resolve constipation
- How can Healthy Weight Loss?
- How to treat gastric ulcer
- Gastric cancer patients to eat?
- How to care for patients with H1N1
- What is the reason for infertility
- Impotence causes
- Cause stomach pain reasons
- This is a urethral stones do?
- How treatment of stroke ?
- I do not know what the reason for feet of swollen?
- Irregular menstruation should be how Conditioning?
- Finger joint pain is not arthritis?
- Natural Home Remedies for Common cold
- Sweet and Sour Pork
- At Meals Soup Help Cut Calories
- Especially Among Girls，Significant Rise In Childhood Obesity
- Nutrition for Your Skin
- A healthy lifestyle will help you reap rich dividends in the long run
- chronic cough
- Massage Therapy Provides Relief
- Saint in Chinese Medicine Zhang Zhongjing
- Investigation into the operation and use of Tibetan Materia Medica
- Qigong and Taoism
- Grape juice good for the heart
- Treating Hiccups
- Structural description of the human body
- Tcm is more and more popular