Exercise To Improve Memory
One group was on average twenty minutes of physical activity per day, mostly on foot vigorous, and this group has performed better on tests of memory and other cognitive functions.
The team from the Western Australian Center for Health and Aging conducted a 18 month trial using two control groups with an average age in the late 60s.
The WA Director of the Center for Health and Aging, Leon Flicker, says the increase was small but significant.
"Improving the functioning of memory was a little over a point on a scale that we use," he said. "To put in perspective, it is in fact higher than the effect of some drugs that have been tested in the past that, overall, were considered ineffective. "
Professor Flicker said people who took part in memory complaints, but none was suffering from dementia. He said more research must be done and what look at what kind of exercise is the best and if it can help those who suffer from dementia.
"What we have shown that a moderate increase in physical activity produces a moderate increase in the functioning of the brain, but if a lot more activity continue to be more effective, we can not say at this stage" , he said. The test results will be published in the Journal of the American Medical Association today.
You may also be interested in:
Divorce family children more prone to obesity. A study in Norway showed that
Many menopausal women suffering from insomnia , however , a new study has found
Like nails and is closely linked to human health , the hair can react to our
In the beautiful behind high heels , you may face the following major injury :
Myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS). Like with leukemia, which is a hematological
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- Symptoms of frontal lobe tumor
- How to treat verruca plana
- Holding back urine harm
- Gargle salt water can kill bacteria
- The impact of sex life on the gout
- Etiology of leukemia
- Temporal lobe tumor
- The performance of genital ulcer
- Sleeping too much condition is called hypersomnia
- Acupuncture Treatment of Alopecia Areata
Best of tcmwell.com
Symptoms include episodic rotational vertigo (attacks of a sensation of
We all know that a healthy lifestyle can not exist without adequate exercise.
For example, in 2002, the average of ten years, a young girl was 2.1 percent
Among the works in Chinese medical such as Nan Sutra and the Compendium of
There are more hairloss cures than is possible to try in the years that it is
Cold refers to inflammation of the upper respiratory tract caused by a viral
- is it normal for the testes to hang in between a man's legs
- Is this a normal penis behavior?
- How to resolve constipation
- How can Healthy Weight Loss?
- How to treat gastric ulcer
- Gastric cancer patients to eat?
- How to care for patients with H1N1
- What is the reason for infertility
- Impotence causes
- Cause stomach pain reasons
- This is a urethral stones do?
- How treatment of stroke ?
- I do not know what the reason for feet of swollen?
- Irregular menstruation should be how Conditioning?
- Finger joint pain is not arthritis?
- Herbal Medicine Research and Global Health: an ethical analysis
- Mania-Depressive Psychosis
- Chinese Food the Healthy Way
- Cell phones unlikely to cause brain cancer
- Acupuncture Helps Some Pregnant Women Avoid C-Sections
- Venom As Therapeutic Treatment Of Cancer?
- Treatment of insomnia method
- Ginseng - Buying Guide
- Three Mistakes of Eating Habits
- People Taking Stairs Expected to Live Longer
- Treating Hiccups
- A healthy lifestyle will help you reap rich dividends in the long run
- 5 steps to maintain your health
- Traditional Chinese Medicine and mushrooms
- Identify Chemical Odor Of Skin Cancer