Exercise To Improve Memory
One group was on average twenty minutes of physical activity per day, mostly on foot vigorous, and this group has performed better on tests of memory and other cognitive functions.
The team from the Western Australian Center for Health and Aging conducted a 18 month trial using two control groups with an average age in the late 60s.
The WA Director of the Center for Health and Aging, Leon Flicker, says the increase was small but significant.
"Improving the functioning of memory was a little over a point on a scale that we use," he said. "To put in perspective, it is in fact higher than the effect of some drugs that have been tested in the past that, overall, were considered ineffective. "
Professor Flicker said people who took part in memory complaints, but none was suffering from dementia. He said more research must be done and what look at what kind of exercise is the best and if it can help those who suffer from dementia.
"What we have shown that a moderate increase in physical activity produces a moderate increase in the functioning of the brain, but if a lot more activity continue to be more effective, we can not say at this stage" , he said. The test results will be published in the Journal of the American Medical Association today.
You may also be interested in:
Winter is the neck shoulder pain prone season, the other seasons do not feel
1, must be practical for ADHD children, don't like normal children as strict,
Divorce family children more prone to obesity. A study in Norway showed that
Many menopausal women suffering from insomnia , however , a new study has found
Like nails and is closely linked to human health , the hair can react to our
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- Symptoms of frontal lobe tumor
- How to treat verruca plana
- Holding back urine harm
- The impact of sex life on the gout
- Gargle salt water can kill bacteria
- Etiology of leukemia
- Temporal lobe tumor
- The performance of genital ulcer
- Sleeping too much condition is called hypersomnia
- Acupuncture Treatment of Alopecia Areata
Best of tcmwell.com
The study focused on MRI scans of 1839 people from the Framingham Offspring
Although the venom of this spider is known to be fatal in some cases, American
Choi, University of British Columbia in Vancouver, and Dr. Gary Curhan of
The complex of the geographical environment, and more in particular climatic
People with migraines May also be more likely to develop blood clots in their
From the perspective of the patient, the most frequent problems observed in a
- is it normal for the testes to hang in between a man's legs
- Is this a normal penis behavior?
- How to resolve constipation
- How can Healthy Weight Loss?
- How to treat gastric ulcer
- Gastric cancer patients to eat?
- How to care for patients with H1N1
- What is the reason for infertility
- Impotence causes
- Cause stomach pain reasons
- This is a urethral stones do?
- How treatment of stroke ?
- I do not know what the reason for feet of swollen?
- Irregular menstruation should be how Conditioning?
- Finger joint pain is not arthritis?
- People Taking Stairs Expected to Live Longer
- Movie characters influence teen smoking
- Ginseng - Buying Guide
- Ethnic Traditional Chinese Medicine and Western medicine
- Common cold-Hand therapy
- Fat Cells of Obesity
- History of Qi Gong and Taoist Meditation
- The secret life of chocolate
- Around the culture of traditional Chinese medicine
- There are 10 foods that helping to keep your skin youthful
- 10 Tips to Get Better Sleep
- Acupuncture for Asthma treatment
- Finding underlying cause key to fixing sleep disorders
- Severe Life Events Raise Breast Cancer Risk
- Acupuncture & Moxibustion-Common Cold