Exercise To Improve Memory
One group was on average twenty minutes of physical activity per day, mostly on foot vigorous, and this group has performed better on tests of memory and other cognitive functions.
The team from the Western Australian Center for Health and Aging conducted a 18 month trial using two control groups with an average age in the late 60s.
The WA Director of the Center for Health and Aging, Leon Flicker, says the increase was small but significant.
"Improving the functioning of memory was a little over a point on a scale that we use," he said. "To put in perspective, it is in fact higher than the effect of some drugs that have been tested in the past that, overall, were considered ineffective. "
Professor Flicker said people who took part in memory complaints, but none was suffering from dementia. He said more research must be done and what look at what kind of exercise is the best and if it can help those who suffer from dementia.
"What we have shown that a moderate increase in physical activity produces a moderate increase in the functioning of the brain, but if a lot more activity continue to be more effective, we can not say at this stage" , he said. The test results will be published in the Journal of the American Medical Association today.
You may also be interested in:
- Fitness experts to teach you how to quickly effective exercise of hip line
- Women exercise 38 minutes every day halved the risk of uterine cancer
- 2014 should learn to do five things to help improve women health
- Women keep the heart healthy tips: Exercise stress reduction smoking cessation
- Improve the metabolism of the ear massage
Many menopausal women suffering from insomnia , however , a new study has found
Like nails and is closely linked to human health , the hair can react to our
In the beautiful behind high heels , you may face the following major injury :
Myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS). Like with leukemia, which is a hematological
Core Tip: Embrace is a way people express emotion , it can not only soothe
Cut Down on Calories, Especially in the Evening Obesity and overweight have
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- Symptoms of frontal lobe tumor
- How to treat verruca plana
- Holding back urine harm
- Gargle salt water can kill bacteria
- Etiology of leukemia
- The impact of sex life on the gout
- Temporal lobe tumor
- The performance of genital ulcer
- Sleeping too much condition is called hypersomnia
- Liver cyst is a relatively common benign liver disease
Best of tcmwell.com
Projections indicate that the number of people diagnosed with diabetes in the
Researchers examined data from surveys conducted in Australia in 2001 and 2004.
I am back! Back Tianjin feel good. Plane yesterday, Alan said we will be red.
Traditional Chinese Medicine has used mushrooms for thousands of years. There
A new study published in the journal Minerva Cardioangiologica Wednesday
Method, examines diagnose of the Tibetan medicine mainly including taking a
- is it normal for the testes to hang in between a man's legs
- Is this a normal penis behavior?
- How to resolve constipation
- How can Healthy Weight Loss?
- How to treat gastric ulcer
- Gastric cancer patients to eat?
- How to care for patients with H1N1
- What is the reason for infertility
- Impotence causes
- Cause stomach pain reasons
- This is a urethral stones do?
- How treatment of stroke ?
- I do not know what the reason for feet of swollen?
- Irregular menstruation should be how Conditioning?
- Finger joint pain is not arthritis?
- Saint in Chinese Medicine Zhang Zhongjing
- Diet has no Effect on Weight Loss
- Smokers Have Higher Risks for Bowel Diseases
- Chinese Medicine Treat Depression
- The secret life of chocolate
- Qigong and Taoism
- Chinese Tibetan Medicine
- The Truth About Acupuncture
- Herbs and Human Health
- Herbal Medicine Research and Global Health: an ethical analysis
- Happiness linked To Better Health
- 10 Tips to Get Better Sleep
- Traditional Chinese Medicine Categories of Depression
- Influence of Buddhist culture
- Famouse Chinese Doctor-Sun Simiao