Chinese Taiji Sword introduces 32 forms of taiji sword. And Xue Anri, renown Chinese martial arts coach, instructs 42-form taiji sword competition routine in detail. 32-form taiji sword was adapted from Yang-Style Tai Chi Sword by Chinese martial arts master Li Tianji. It is supported by the National Physical Education Committee. 42-form taiji sword is a competition routine which is set up by the Wushu Research Institute of the former National Sports Committee.
Sword play is brisk, agile, elegant, easy, graceful and natural in action. The movements are flexible, as well as variable. Attention is paid to both motion and stillness. Hardness and suppleness supplement each other. So sword play is likened to the "flying phoenix."
The sword is called the "gentleman of all weapons." It is the most widely used of all weapons and its influence goes beyond the field of Wushu. Every school of wushu uses the sword as the basic weapon for rigorous training.
Like taijiquan, taiji sword play contains both gentle and vigorous movements, proceeding from the principles of "combining vigor and gentleness" and "subduing the hard with the soft." This can be explained from the ancient philosophical view of taiji, which holds that there are two aspects to everything - the positive and the negative.
There are many techniques in sword play. The main techniques include hitting, piercing, pointing, lifting, jumping and leaping, hanging, chopping, floating, poking, sweeping, wrestling, blocking andwipingg. These actions, combined with body movements and footsteps, form various of sword play. There are varied styles of sword play routines, handed down from ancient times. The popular ones include taiji, wudang, bodhi-dharma, longxing, lianhuan, sancai, qingping, baxian, mantis, drunkard and xingyi. The Chinese Physical Culture and Sports Commission has also worked out new routines for competition and physical exercises.
You may also be interested in:
- Taiji the energy release of the key requirements?
- Taiji position and posture
- What are the key requirements for releasing energy?
- What are the most important issues for people practicing Chen Style Taiji?
- Why should you ask for the Taiji positions or postures to be adjusted with personal manipulation by
Winter is the neck shoulder pain prone season, the other seasons do not feel
1, must be practical for ADHD children, don't like normal children as strict,
Divorce family children more prone to obesity. A study in Norway showed that
Many menopausal women suffering from insomnia , however , a new study has found
Like nails and is closely linked to human health , the hair can react to our
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- Symptoms of frontal lobe tumor
- How to treat verruca plana
- The impact of sex life on the gout
- Holding back urine harm
- Gargle salt water can kill bacteria
- Etiology of leukemia
- Temporal lobe tumor
- The performance of genital ulcer
- Sleeping too much condition is called hypersomnia
- Acupuncture Treatment of Alopecia Areata
Best of tcmwell.com
Compared to people who've never smoked, former smokers have a higher risk of
The concept of glycemic load is based on the fact that carbohydrates have
You see, many people say they do positive thinking, or that they know all about
Three Mistakes of Eating Habits Misunderstanding One: drink chicken soup to
Hypnotherapy to quit smoking is a common reason for people to seek out
People taking the stairs instead of the elevator at work, can expect to live
- is it normal for the testes to hang in between a man's legs
- Is this a normal penis behavior?
- How to resolve constipation
- How can Healthy Weight Loss?
- How to treat gastric ulcer
- Gastric cancer patients to eat?
- How to care for patients with H1N1
- What is the reason for infertility
- Impotence causes
- Cause stomach pain reasons
- This is a urethral stones do?
- How treatment of stroke ?
- I do not know what the reason for feet of swollen?
- Irregular menstruation should be how Conditioning?
- Finger joint pain is not arthritis?
- The secret life of chocolate
- Some 110,000 Kids Die Of Water Borne Diseases Annually In Bangladesh
- Study Finds, Energy Drinks Jolt Blood Pressure
- Fat Cells of Obesity
- Happiness linked To Better Health
- Migraines may protect against memory loss
- Hypertension, a Silent Killer
- Quit Smoking With Hypnosis
- At Meals Soup Help Cut Calories
- Dairy food linked with Parkinson's disease
- How to Reduce and Totally Stop Your Hair Loss
- Ginger with Ease Nausea
- Ways To Prevent Upper Back Pain
- Theory typical Chinese minorities in medicine
- Acupuncture & Moxibustion-Common Cold