Can prevent heart disease?
Is there any advantage to take folic acid supplements to prevent or treat heart disease?
Ultimately, is not. There was great enthusiasm on the possible role of folic acid supplements in the prevention and treatment of heart disease. However, several clinical trials involving folic acid supplements have shown no heart benefits.
Folic acid (folate) and other B vitamins help break down homocysteine, an amino acid in your blood. Too much homocysteine is associated with an increased risk of heart disease. For this reason, some scientists have speculated that folic acid supplements in May low homocysteine ¡ª which, in turn, may reduce the risk of heart disease. However, this effect has not been proven. Also, it is difficult to determine whether high levels of homocysteine are a direct cause or simply the result of coronary artery disease.
At that time, the American Heart Association (AHA) does not recommend the use of folic acid supplements by the general public to reduce the risk of heart disease. However, if you are at high risk of heart disease, the AHA recommends a diet rich in folic acid (folate) and other B vitamins Good dietary sources of folate, including citrus fruit, tomatoes, vegetables and grain products.
You may also be interested in:
Cut Down on Calories, Especially in the Evening Obesity and overweight have
What will you find in this Guide? The goal of our Online Guide to Allergies and
Eating four or more apples a week during pregnancy appeared to lower the risk
In fact, a kind of apple cider vinegar is just vinegar, while the use of
Each year, thousands of Canadians promise to quit smoking. Nicotine patches,
Too much sleep you do not want to appear evil, but in reality the average
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- Symptoms of frontal lobe tumor
- How to treat verruca plana
- Holding back urine harm
- Gargle salt water can kill bacteria
- Etiology of leukemia
- The impact of sex life on the gout
- The performance of genital ulcer
- Liver cyst is a relatively common benign liver disease
- Acupuncture Treatment of Alopecia Areata
- Teens & Poor Sleep, High Blood Pressure
Best of tcmwell.com
There was a clear pattern among men, whose Parkinson risk increased in tandem
Many doctors suggest C-sections for mothers with breech babies to ensure the
Rhizoma Rhei pumilii, can be mixed with butter for topical application. The
Young women who were exposed to several traumatic events in life are more at
Birth weight is inversely associated with risk of hospitalization for an
Previous studies have confirmed a link between smoking in movies and the
- is it normal for the testes to hang in between a man's legs
- Is this a normal penis behavior?
- How to resolve constipation
- How can Healthy Weight Loss?
- How to treat gastric ulcer
- Gastric cancer patients to eat?
- How to care for patients with H1N1
- What is the reason for infertility
- Impotence causes
- Cause stomach pain reasons
- This is a urethral stones do?
- How treatment of stroke ?
- I do not know what the reason for feet of swollen?
- Irregular menstruation should be how Conditioning?
- Finger joint pain is not arthritis?
- Influence of Buddhist culture
- BASIC PRINCIPLES
- Massage Therapy Provides Relief
- Foot Massage improve Zang-fu Organs And Underdevelopment Of Physique
- Grain Fiber And Magnesium Intake Associated With Lower Risk For Diabetes
- Treatment of insomnia method
- Sleeping too much condition is called hypersomnia
- Natural way to whiten teeth
- Traditional Chinese Medicine and mushrooms
- Drinking Heavy Amounts Of Alcohol
- Gargle salt water can kill bacteria
- Investigation into the operation and use of Tibetan Materia Medica
- Nutrition for Your Skin
- Quit Smoking With Hypnosis
- Guide to Combating Allergies