Can prevent heart disease?
Is there any advantage to take folic acid supplements to prevent or treat heart disease?
Ultimately, is not. There was great enthusiasm on the possible role of folic acid supplements in the prevention and treatment of heart disease. However, several clinical trials involving folic acid supplements have shown no heart benefits.
Folic acid (folate) and other B vitamins help break down homocysteine, an amino acid in your blood. Too much homocysteine is associated with an increased risk of heart disease. For this reason, some scientists have speculated that folic acid supplements in May low homocysteine ¡ª which, in turn, may reduce the risk of heart disease. However, this effect has not been proven. Also, it is difficult to determine whether high levels of homocysteine are a direct cause or simply the result of coronary artery disease.
At that time, the American Heart Association (AHA) does not recommend the use of folic acid supplements by the general public to reduce the risk of heart disease. However, if you are at high risk of heart disease, the AHA recommends a diet rich in folic acid (folate) and other B vitamins Good dietary sources of folate, including citrus fruit, tomatoes, vegetables and grain products.
You may also be interested in:
Winter is the neck shoulder pain prone season, the other seasons do not feel
1, must be practical for ADHD children, don't like normal children as strict,
Divorce family children more prone to obesity. A study in Norway showed that
Many menopausal women suffering from insomnia , however , a new study has found
Like nails and is closely linked to human health , the hair can react to our
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- Symptoms of frontal lobe tumor
- How to treat verruca plana
- Holding back urine harm
- The impact of sex life on the gout
- Gargle salt water can kill bacteria
- Etiology of leukemia
- Temporal lobe tumor
- The performance of genital ulcer
- Sleeping too much condition is called hypersomnia
- Acupuncture Treatment of Alopecia Areata
Best of tcmwell.com
The research found that women with fertility problems who underwent the ancient
Summary of governments, international agencies and companies are increasingly
The origin of Yang-style Taiji Quan Yang was LUCHAN (1800-1873), born in
Method, examines diagnose of the Tibetan medicine mainly including taking a
Cold refers to inflammation of the upper respiratory tract caused by a viral
The goal is to break up the sugar crystals and cocoa solids to the point where
- is it normal for the testes to hang in between a man's legs
- Is this a normal penis behavior?
- How to resolve constipation
- How can Healthy Weight Loss?
- How to treat gastric ulcer
- Gastric cancer patients to eat?
- How to care for patients with H1N1
- What is the reason for infertility
- Impotence causes
- Cause stomach pain reasons
- This is a urethral stones do?
- How treatment of stroke ?
- I do not know what the reason for feet of swollen?
- Irregular menstruation should be how Conditioning?
- Finger joint pain is not arthritis?
- Austrian Scientists Find Transgenic Mcause Lower Fertility
- The Health Benefits
- Birth weight affects infection risk in childhood
- China traditional ethnic medicines
- Chinese Tibetan Medicine
- Only 15 per cent of elderly with depression are diagnosed
- Traditional Chinese Medicine and mushrooms
- Apple cider vinegar can prevent the H1N1 virus?
- When You're Dizzy
- The 10 most unwelcome gesture
- Solutions to the seven most common sleep myths
- Acupuncture Anesthesia Child Gives New Chance
- Rising Drug Costs Decrease Rates of Treatment
- How To Practise Health Fitness Exercise:Qigong
- Mineral Materia Medica current state of research