A BRIEF HISTORY OF TCM
The Communist party of China was formed under the leadership of Chairman Mao in 1928 and took over power in 1949. The Communits realized that there were little or no medical services and actively encouraged the use of traditional Chinese remedies because they were cheap, acceptable to the Chinese, and used the skills already available in the countryside. In 1940, Yang Shao proposed to "scientificize" and "popularize" Traditional Chinese Medicine. Since then, this resurgence has opened facilities in China to provide, teach, and investigate TCM. While both Western and Chinese medicine have been practiced in China since the late 1800s, the traditional Chinese approach to medicine began to grow in popularity in the West in the 1970s, when ties to China opened.
The roots of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) date back more than 2000 years. Its rich history tells of the many influences on its development, including the Japanese, Europeans, and the Communist revolution. The changes that followed these influences explains why both terms--Traditional Chinese Medicine and Traditional Oriental Medicine (TOM)--are seen in the literature. Although these two terms are sometimes used interchangeably, TOM generally refers to the system of Chinese medicine practiced until the early 1900s. Up until this period, Chinese medicine had witnessed great growth, but also decline, as Western influence expanded and the training of traditional medicine grew poorer and more limited.
You may also be interested in:
Many menopausal women suffering from insomnia , however , a new study has found
Like nails and is closely linked to human health , the hair can react to our
In the beautiful behind high heels , you may face the following major injury :
Myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS). Like with leukemia, which is a hematological
Core Tip: Embrace is a way people express emotion , it can not only soothe
Cut Down on Calories, Especially in the Evening Obesity and overweight have
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- Symptoms of frontal lobe tumor
- How to treat verruca plana
- Holding back urine harm
- Gargle salt water can kill bacteria
- Etiology of leukemia
- The impact of sex life on the gout
- Temporal lobe tumor
- The performance of genital ulcer
- Sleeping too much condition is called hypersomnia
- Liver cyst is a relatively common benign liver disease
Best of tcmwell.com
You see, many people say they do positive thinking, or that they know all about
Christina Applegate says she has a clean bill of health after undergoing
The research found that women with fertility problems who underwent the ancient
You can prevent upper back pain by doing simple steps every day. These simple
In TCM,hiccups are primarily due to counterflow qi surging up against the
Keep your bedroom quiet, dark, and comfortable. For many people, even the
- is it normal for the testes to hang in between a man's legs
- Is this a normal penis behavior?
- How to resolve constipation
- How can Healthy Weight Loss?
- How to treat gastric ulcer
- Gastric cancer patients to eat?
- How to care for patients with H1N1
- What is the reason for infertility
- Impotence causes
- Cause stomach pain reasons
- This is a urethral stones do?
- How treatment of stroke ?
- I do not know what the reason for feet of swollen?
- Irregular menstruation should be how Conditioning?
- Finger joint pain is not arthritis?
- Natural way to whiten teeth
- Solutions to the seven most common sleep myths
- Acupuncture 'Helps Women Have Babies'
- Often catch hair was susceptible to blood disease
- Foreign reporters experience Chinese massage
- TCM for quitting smoking
- Local and Ethnic Features of Chinese Ethnic Minority Medicine
- How to Lose Weight While You Sleep!
- Gargle salt water can kill bacteria
- Uygur Medicine Improve Human Body Health
- Chinese Medicine Help for Depression
- Cell phones unlikely to cause brain cancer
- Health Care Of The Eyes With Self-tuina
- Uygur Medicine Influence of Arab Culture