A BRIEF HISTORY OF TCM
The Communist party of China was formed under the leadership of Chairman Mao in 1928 and took over power in 1949. The Communits realized that there were little or no medical services and actively encouraged the use of traditional Chinese remedies because they were cheap, acceptable to the Chinese, and used the skills already available in the countryside. In 1940, Yang Shao proposed to "scientificize" and "popularize" Traditional Chinese Medicine. Since then, this resurgence has opened facilities in China to provide, teach, and investigate TCM. While both Western and Chinese medicine have been practiced in China since the late 1800s, the traditional Chinese approach to medicine began to grow in popularity in the West in the 1970s, when ties to China opened.
The roots of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) date back more than 2000 years. Its rich history tells of the many influences on its development, including the Japanese, Europeans, and the Communist revolution. The changes that followed these influences explains why both terms--Traditional Chinese Medicine and Traditional Oriental Medicine (TOM)--are seen in the literature. Although these two terms are sometimes used interchangeably, TOM generally refers to the system of Chinese medicine practiced until the early 1900s. Up until this period, Chinese medicine had witnessed great growth, but also decline, as Western influence expanded and the training of traditional medicine grew poorer and more limited.
You may also be interested in:
Many menopausal women suffering from insomnia , however , a new study has found
Like nails and is closely linked to human health , the hair can react to our
In the beautiful behind high heels , you may face the following major injury :
Myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS). Like with leukemia, which is a hematological
Core Tip: Embrace is a way people express emotion , it can not only soothe
Cut Down on Calories, Especially in the Evening Obesity and overweight have
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- Symptoms of frontal lobe tumor
- How to treat verruca plana
- Holding back urine harm
- Gargle salt water can kill bacteria
- Etiology of leukemia
- The impact of sex life on the gout
- Temporal lobe tumor
- The performance of genital ulcer
- Sleeping too much condition is called hypersomnia
- Liver cyst is a relatively common benign liver disease
Best of tcmwell.com
Simiao Sunday on the view of medical ethics was very important in the history
Prostate cancer researcher says that the Chinese compound ginger and curry
Acupuncture has proven itself useful even in a study conducted in Sydney,
Ginseng is the best known and most popular Chinese herb. It is known as the
Antibacterial ingredients in hand sanitizer Hand sanitizer is a very common
Zhongjing Zhang was born in Nan Nieyang County (now city Rangdong Deng County,
- is it normal for the testes to hang in between a man's legs
- Is this a normal penis behavior?
- How to resolve constipation
- How can Healthy Weight Loss?
- How to treat gastric ulcer
- Gastric cancer patients to eat?
- How to care for patients with H1N1
- What is the reason for infertility
- Impotence causes
- Cause stomach pain reasons
- This is a urethral stones do?
- How treatment of stroke ?
- I do not know what the reason for feet of swollen?
- Irregular menstruation should be how Conditioning?
- Finger joint pain is not arthritis?
- Study Finds Strong Anti-Cancer Properties In Cruciferous Veggies
- Alan giant fat diet promotion of Chinese medicine
- Green Tea May Protect Bladder From Becoming Inflamed
- Cell phones unlikely to cause brain cancer
- Hair needs nutrition
- Treating Hiccups
- Some 110,000 Kids Die Of Water Borne Diseases Annually In Bangladesh
- Nonsmokers Live Longer, Recover Faster
- Chinese Taiji
- Migraine Linked To Blood clots In Veins
- Acupuncture Helps Some Pregnant Women Avoid C-Sections
- Finding underlying cause key to fixing sleep disorders
- Acupuncture & Moxibustion-Common Cold
- There are 10 foods that helping to keep your skin youthful
- How to Treat Anemia