A BRIEF HISTORY OF TCM
The Communist party of China was formed under the leadership of Chairman Mao in 1928 and took over power in 1949. The Communits realized that there were little or no medical services and actively encouraged the use of traditional Chinese remedies because they were cheap, acceptable to the Chinese, and used the skills already available in the countryside. In 1940, Yang Shao proposed to "scientificize" and "popularize" Traditional Chinese Medicine. Since then, this resurgence has opened facilities in China to provide, teach, and investigate TCM. While both Western and Chinese medicine have been practiced in China since the late 1800s, the traditional Chinese approach to medicine began to grow in popularity in the West in the 1970s, when ties to China opened.
The roots of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) date back more than 2000 years. Its rich history tells of the many influences on its development, including the Japanese, Europeans, and the Communist revolution. The changes that followed these influences explains why both terms--Traditional Chinese Medicine and Traditional Oriental Medicine (TOM)--are seen in the literature. Although these two terms are sometimes used interchangeably, TOM generally refers to the system of Chinese medicine practiced until the early 1900s. Up until this period, Chinese medicine had witnessed great growth, but also decline, as Western influence expanded and the training of traditional medicine grew poorer and more limited.
You may also be interested in:
1, must be practical for ADHD children, don't like normal children as strict,
Divorce family children more prone to obesity. A study in Norway showed that
Many menopausal women suffering from insomnia , however , a new study has found
Like nails and is closely linked to human health , the hair can react to our
In the beautiful behind high heels , you may face the following major injury :
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- Symptoms of frontal lobe tumor
- How to treat verruca plana
- Holding back urine harm
- Gargle salt water can kill bacteria
- The impact of sex life on the gout
- Etiology of leukemia
- Temporal lobe tumor
- The performance of genital ulcer
- Sleeping too much condition is called hypersomnia
- Acupuncture Treatment of Alopecia Areata
Best of tcmwell.com
Pregnant women who live through wars are more likely to give birth to a child
Pain is a symptom, not a disease. Stomachache of Symptoms pain can be the
U.S. chemists have identified the odor that emanates from skin cancer, a
Acupuncture is one of the oldest healing practices in the world. As part of
As seniors grow older and live longer, our bodies try to cope with the aches,
Choi, University of British Columbia in Vancouver, and Dr. Gary Curhan of
- is it normal for the testes to hang in between a man's legs
- Is this a normal penis behavior?
- How to resolve constipation
- How can Healthy Weight Loss?
- How to treat gastric ulcer
- Gastric cancer patients to eat?
- How to care for patients with H1N1
- What is the reason for infertility
- Impotence causes
- Cause stomach pain reasons
- This is a urethral stones do?
- How treatment of stroke ?
- I do not know what the reason for feet of swollen?
- Irregular menstruation should be how Conditioning?
- Finger joint pain is not arthritis?
- Sleep Your Way To A Lower Cholesterol
- Diet has no Effect on Weight Loss
- Local and Ethnic Features of Chinese Ethnic Minority Medicine
- Chinese Food the Healthy Way
- Hand sanitizer is a carcinogen really do?
- Local and ethnic characteristics of medicine of ethnic Chinese
- Acupuncture Helps Some Pregnant Women Avoid C-Sections
- Nutrition for Your Skin
- Fruit Juice Tied To Rise In Diabetes Risk
- 5 steps to maintain your health
- People Taking Stairs Expected to Live Longer
- Pine Bark Reduces Jetlag
- Migraines may protect against memory loss
- How to Treat Anemia
- Some 110,000 Kids Die Of Water Borne Diseases Annually In Bangladesh