A BRIEF HISTORY OF TCM
The Communist party of China was formed under the leadership of Chairman Mao in 1928 and took over power in 1949. The Communits realized that there were little or no medical services and actively encouraged the use of traditional Chinese remedies because they were cheap, acceptable to the Chinese, and used the skills already available in the countryside. In 1940, Yang Shao proposed to "scientificize" and "popularize" Traditional Chinese Medicine. Since then, this resurgence has opened facilities in China to provide, teach, and investigate TCM. While both Western and Chinese medicine have been practiced in China since the late 1800s, the traditional Chinese approach to medicine began to grow in popularity in the West in the 1970s, when ties to China opened.
The roots of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) date back more than 2000 years. Its rich history tells of the many influences on its development, including the Japanese, Europeans, and the Communist revolution. The changes that followed these influences explains why both terms--Traditional Chinese Medicine and Traditional Oriental Medicine (TOM)--are seen in the literature. Although these two terms are sometimes used interchangeably, TOM generally refers to the system of Chinese medicine practiced until the early 1900s. Up until this period, Chinese medicine had witnessed great growth, but also decline, as Western influence expanded and the training of traditional medicine grew poorer and more limited.
You may also be interested in:
Cut Down on Calories, Especially in the Evening Obesity and overweight have
What will you find in this Guide? The goal of our Online Guide to Allergies and
Eating four or more apples a week during pregnancy appeared to lower the risk
In fact, a kind of apple cider vinegar is just vinegar, while the use of
Each year, thousands of Canadians promise to quit smoking. Nicotine patches,
Too much sleep you do not want to appear evil, but in reality the average
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- Symptoms of frontal lobe tumor
- How to treat verruca plana
- Holding back urine harm
- Gargle salt water can kill bacteria
- Etiology of leukemia
- The impact of sex life on the gout
- The performance of genital ulcer
- Temporal lobe tumor
- Sleeping too much condition is called hypersomnia
- Liver cyst is a relatively common benign liver disease
Best of tcmwell.com
The goal is to break up the sugar crystals and cocoa solids to the point where
The ancient city of Lijiang, listed by the UNESCO in 1997 as a world cultural
Many of us have allergies, which caused all sorts of things, even as a
The study focused on MRI scans of 1839 people from the Framingham Offspring
The concept of glycemic load is based on the fact that carbohydrates have
Acupuncture is one of the oldest healing practices in the world. As part of
- is it normal for the testes to hang in between a man's legs
- Is this a normal penis behavior?
- How to resolve constipation
- How can Healthy Weight Loss?
- How to treat gastric ulcer
- Gastric cancer patients to eat?
- How to care for patients with H1N1
- What is the reason for infertility
- Impotence causes
- Cause stomach pain reasons
- This is a urethral stones do?
- How treatment of stroke ?
- I do not know what the reason for feet of swollen?
- Irregular menstruation should be how Conditioning?
- Finger joint pain is not arthritis?
- Uygur Medicine Influence of Arab Culture
- Skin Moisturizers Promote Cancer?
- chronic cough
- Tibetan medicine diagnostic methods - Pulse Diagnosis
- Finding underlying cause key to fixing sleep disorders
- Famouse Chinese Doctor-Sun Simiao
- Antidepressants may help kids?
- Acupuncture Proven Effective At Treating Post-Operative
- How Normal Is Smoking?
- Salmonellosis outbreak
- Birth weight affects infection risk in childhood
- Green Tea May Protect Bladder From Becoming Inflamed
- Acupuncture & Moxibustion-Common Cold
- Grain Fiber And Magnesium Intake Associated With Lower Risk For Diabetes
- The complications of smoking