A BRIEF HISTORY OF TCM
The Communist party of China was formed under the leadership of Chairman Mao in 1928 and took over power in 1949. The Communits realized that there were little or no medical services and actively encouraged the use of traditional Chinese remedies because they were cheap, acceptable to the Chinese, and used the skills already available in the countryside. In 1940, Yang Shao proposed to "scientificize" and "popularize" Traditional Chinese Medicine. Since then, this resurgence has opened facilities in China to provide, teach, and investigate TCM. While both Western and Chinese medicine have been practiced in China since the late 1800s, the traditional Chinese approach to medicine began to grow in popularity in the West in the 1970s, when ties to China opened.
The roots of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) date back more than 2000 years. Its rich history tells of the many influences on its development, including the Japanese, Europeans, and the Communist revolution. The changes that followed these influences explains why both terms--Traditional Chinese Medicine and Traditional Oriental Medicine (TOM)--are seen in the literature. Although these two terms are sometimes used interchangeably, TOM generally refers to the system of Chinese medicine practiced until the early 1900s. Up until this period, Chinese medicine had witnessed great growth, but also decline, as Western influence expanded and the training of traditional medicine grew poorer and more limited.
You may also be interested in:
Winter is the neck shoulder pain prone season, the other seasons do not feel
1, must be practical for ADHD children, don't like normal children as strict,
Divorce family children more prone to obesity. A study in Norway showed that
Many menopausal women suffering from insomnia , however , a new study has found
Like nails and is closely linked to human health , the hair can react to our
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- Symptoms of frontal lobe tumor
- How to treat verruca plana
- Holding back urine harm
- The impact of sex life on the gout
- Gargle salt water can kill bacteria
- Etiology of leukemia
- Temporal lobe tumor
- The performance of genital ulcer
- Sleeping too much condition is called hypersomnia
- Acupuncture Treatment of Alopecia Areata
Best of tcmwell.com
Qigong is used as part of traditional Chinese medicine (TCM), in preventive and
Each year, approximately 110,000 children under the age of five die from
Men with high levels of calcium in the blood of May have a much higher risk to
A 10-YEAR-OLD boy from a poor family in Sichuan province has finally received
Tibetan medicine offers more concrete and deeper understanding of the structure
Food allergies and asthma are huge health problems in this country, especially
- is it normal for the testes to hang in between a man's legs
- Is this a normal penis behavior?
- How to resolve constipation
- How can Healthy Weight Loss?
- How to treat gastric ulcer
- Gastric cancer patients to eat?
- How to care for patients with H1N1
- What is the reason for infertility
- Impotence causes
- Cause stomach pain reasons
- This is a urethral stones do?
- How treatment of stroke ?
- I do not know what the reason for feet of swollen?
- Irregular menstruation should be how Conditioning?
- Finger joint pain is not arthritis?
- help many to get rid of Addiction
- DIY Acupuncture-The Five Tigers
- China traditional ethnic medicines
- Acupuncture 'Helps Women Have Babies'
- Herbal tea beverage to eclipse Coca Cola in Chinese market
- Tibetan medicine diagnostic methods - Pulse Diagnosis
- Children how to protect the vision
- Could Carrots Be The Secret To A Long Life
- Alan giant fat diet promotion of Chinese medicine
- Can You Handle Your Back Pain After Knee Surgery
- Can prevent heart disease?
- Qigong and Taoism
- Chinese medicine beauty you caring hormone
- Stress Of War May Cause Schizophrenia
- Remedies For Treating Allergies