Self-Tuina on the lower limbs
Pressing-kneading the Points on the Lower Limb: With the palmar surface or the tip of the thumb or the tip of the middle finger, press-knead Juliao (GB 29), Huantiao (GB 30), Futu (ST 32), Zusanli (ST 36), Yanglingquan (GB 34), Chenshan (BL 57), Sanyinjiao (SP 6) from top to bottom respectively about 20 times each point until qi-arrival sensation is gained.
Pressing-kneading the Thigh: Use the palmar roots of both hands to press-knead the muscles in the lateral, medial and anterior aspects of the thighs respectively from above to below 3 - 5 times to achieve a sensation of soreness and distension.
Pressing-kneading the Patella: Extend the lower limb naturally and relax the muscles, grasp-pinch and press-knead the patella with the palmar side of the thumb and the radial surface of the arc-curved index finger about 20 times.
Grasping the Shank: Gently lift, grasp, pinch and knead the gastrocnemius muscle with the tips of a thumb, an index finger and a middle finger up and down to the Achilles tendon about 10 times until a sore and distending sensation is gained.
Patting and Striking the Lower Limb: Pat and strike the lower limb hard with the palm or palmar bases of both hands from the root of the thigh down to the ankle joint about 10 - 15 times.
Rubbing the Point Yongquan (KI 1): Quickly and forcefully rub Yongquan (KI 1) on the opposite sole with the palmar side of the hypothenar about 30 times until it becomes hot. Exchange the feet and do the same as the above.
Shaking the Ankle Joint: Sit upright with the leg bent to have its radial side facing up. Hold the part above the ankle with one hand, and the metatarsophalangeal part with the other hand. Rotate the ankle joint clockwise and counterclockwise and shake it about 20 times.
ACTIONS These manipulations have the action of relaxing the muscles, activating the meridians, relieving blood stasis to promote blood circulation, expelling wind and dispersing cold, and lubricating the joints. It can be used to prevent and treat injury of the superior clunial nerves, strain of the gluteal fascia, swelling and pain in the knees, cramping of m. gastrocnemius, injury of the ankle joint and so on. They also have the function of relaxing the muscles of the lower limbs, relieving fatigue, improving the motor function of the lower limb joints and preventing various kinds of occupational injuries. Besides, pressing-kneading Zusanli (ST 36) and Sanyinjiao (SP 6) and rubbing Yongquan (KI 1) in combination with self-tuina operated on the abdomen, head and face has the effect of health care of the digestive, urinary, reproductive and central nervous systems.
The regional self-tuina therapy introduced above can be conducted in different ways for different purposes. For general health care, one can massage all parts of the body once a day in the order of the head first, then the neck, the upper limbs, the chest and abdomen, the lumbodorsal region, and finally the lower limbs. For regional health care of the limbs or five sensory organs, one can give manipulations to a certain region or a certain part as required. Moreover, for those who are troubled with some occupational diseases due to their jobs, they are most likely to have regional fatigue or injury, so their working efficiency is affected. They may choose some related parts to be massaged to prevent occupational diseases and promote their working efficiency. Long-distance runners or people who have to stand working, for example, may self-massage their lower limbs before or after work or training. Single self-tuina manipulations of different kinds can be adopted selectively in accordance with one's own health conditions..[page_break]
You may also be interested in:
Self-massage along meridians and acupoints reduces weight mainly by stimulating
Modern medicine Believe , massage abdomen, abdominal and intestinal smooth
many people care or treatment in order to easily find someone to massage, even
Breast cancer is one of the common female malignancy. Mostly occurs in 40 to 60
TCM believes that the body's abdomen as internal organs of Miyagi, yin and
Recurrent respiratory tract infection in children called the complex sense of
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- vaginal massage-How to Give a Vaginal Massage
- massage-female massage
- TuiNa Massage
- Regular abdominal massage may live longer
- Acupoints commonly used acupoints for adults Tuina Tuina
- full body massage-massage Den
- Massage & Tuina Therapeutics for Common Cold
- Massage to remove wrinkles
- Reflexology as a Holistic Healing Practice
- Commonly used in diagnostic approaches Tuina
Best of tcmwell.com
Tuina attains the purpose of preventing and treating diseases by means of
The spleen is in charge of transport and processing, which refers to its
The principles of therapeutic Tuina Therapeutic principles are also called
Such illness begins as a chemical or biological toxic assault or nutrient
Tuina (tui na) is an Oriental Bodywork Therapy that has been used in China
Most people, who understand the nature of massage, understand that massage in
- is it normal for the testes to hang in between a man's legs
- Is this a normal penis behavior?
- How to resolve constipation
- How can Healthy Weight Loss?
- How to treat gastric ulcer
- Gastric cancer patients to eat?
- How to care for patients with H1N1
- What is the reason for infertility
- Impotence causes
- Cause stomach pain reasons
- This is a urethral stones do?
- How treatment of stroke ?
- I do not know what the reason for feet of swollen?
- Irregular menstruation should be how Conditioning?
- Finger joint pain is not arthritis?
- Pediatric Massage
- Massage indications
- TuiNa Massage
- Massage Therapy and Bodywork
- the basis of Chinese Massage
- Commonly used in diagnostic approaches Tuina
- Manipulation to activate the Qi of the lung and regulation
- Tuina & Massage-Therapeutics for Common Cold
- Tui Na- Chinese Massage Therapy
- Self-Massage Along Meridians and Acupoints for Losing Weight
- Therapeutic massage therapy is relieve pain and promote relaxation and healing
- Brief Account of Development of Chinese Tuina
- Contraindications and Points for Attention in Tuina
- Often Massage can Longevity