What is ear acupuncture?
Ear acupuncture, also known as auricular therapy, is based on the principles of Traditional Chinese Medicine. Auricular therapy is widely used for many conditions, including addiction treatment, mood disorders, obesity, pain, and other conditions. This medical system emphasizes a holistic approach to medicine, an approach that treats the whole person. The acupuncture points found on the ear help to regulate the body's internal organs, structures, and functions.
Auricular therapy has a long history of use in China. It was mentioned in the most famous of ancient Chinese medical textbooks, he Yellow Emperor's Classic of Internal Medicine. In modern times, auricular therapy has been shown to stimulate the release of endorphins, the body's own feel-good chemicals.
What are ear seeds and ear tacks?
Ear acupuncture points may be stimulated for a longer period of time by using ear seeds or ear tacks. Ear seeds are small seeds from the Vaccaria plant. These seeds are held in place on the ear with a small piece of adhesive tape. Ear seeds may be left in the ear for a few days or up to two weeks. Ear tacks are very small needles with an adhesive backing. Ear tacks are inserted into the ear and left in the ear for a few days or up to one week.
How is ear acupuncture used in a treatment?
Ear acupuncture is generally incorporated into a regular acupuncture treatment. In addition to using acupuncture points on the rest of the body, your acupuncturist may select a few ear acupuncture points that they feel will be helpful for your particular condition.
You may also be interested in:
Examination and syndrome differentiation of meridians The theory of meridians
Osteoporosis is a common disease of the elderly . Among postmenopausal
If you want to pay attention , here we take a look at seven major
Moxibustion originated from the Chinese ancient times, because of it of
From obesity are usually poor stomach function, digestion and absorption of
Acupuncture weight loss Does it hurt? Is it will be very hemp? Acupuncture
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- Ear acupuncture
- The Primary Moxibustion Points
- Acupuncture treatment of freckles
- Acupuncture can be effective treatment for fatty liver
- What are ear seeds and ear tacks?
- What is Cupping Therapy
- Sometimes You Feel Worse Before You Get Better With Acupuncture
- Abdominal acupuncture needle techniques
- Acupuncture Safe Alternative To Inducing Labor
- Halo needle, is a rare adverse reaction to acupuncture
Best of tcmwell.com
Overactive bladder affects an estimated 17 percent of the United States,
Chinese medicine believe that rheumatoid arthritis is due to wind, cold, wet
A lot of people think that Chinese medicine mild in nature but can rest assured
Moxibustion of the many extraordinary. Moxibustion therapy in a wide range of
Acupuncture is a natural therapy that is a form of Chinese medication. It
Acupressure is an ancient art of healing, use your fingers to press key points
- is it normal for the testes to hang in between a man's legs
- Is this a normal penis behavior?
- How to resolve constipation
- How can Healthy Weight Loss?
- How to treat gastric ulcer
- Gastric cancer patients to eat?
- How to care for patients with H1N1
- What is the reason for infertility
- Impotence causes
- Cause stomach pain reasons
- This is a urethral stones do?
- How treatment of stroke ?
- I do not know what the reason for feet of swollen?
- Irregular menstruation should be how Conditioning?
- Finger joint pain is not arthritis?
- What is ear acupuncture?
- Acupuncture treatment of osteoporosis
- Weight loss by Acupuncture
- Acupuncture is a safe and effective treatment for depression
- Moxibustion treatment of cold
- Sports Injuries Acupuncture
- What is a halo-pin
- Acupuncture for treating chronic pain of the head and face
- Acupuncture needles
- Acupuncture and Pregnancy
- Acupuncture May Ease Overactive Bladder
- Acupressure is an ancient art of healing
- draft traditional chinese acupuncture
- Acupuncture treatment of headache
- Acupuncture and Breast Cancer