Electro-acupuncture is a treatment
Electro-acupuncture is a kind of therapy by which the needle is attached to a trace pulse current after it is inserted to the selected acupoint for the purpose of producing synthetic effect of electric and needling stimulation. Different kinds of electric instruments are used. Most of them are composed of semiconductor elements and adopt oscillators. They generate low-frequency impulse current which is close to bioelectric current in the human body.
After the needle is inserted into a certain acupoint and the needling sensation is felt, adjust the output potential instrument of the electro-acupuncture stimulator to zero, then connect the two output wires with the two needle handles, select the required waveform and frequency, and then gradually amplify the output current to the tolerance of the patient. One to two minutes later, the human body will be adaptive to the stimulation and feel that the stimulation is getting weaker. At the time, increase the output current appropriately. The stimulation continues for 10 - 20 minutes or longer according to the pathological conditions of the patient. When the treatment is finished, the output potential instrument is adjusted back to zero, the electricity supply is cut off, the wires are taken away and then the needles are withdrawn.
Scope of application
Generally speaking, it can be used to treat any disease within the indication of acupuncture, especially pain syndromes, obstructive syndromes, flaccidity syndromes. It can also be used for acupuncture anaesthesia.
Before using the electro-acupuncture stimulator, careful examination must be made to make sure that it is in good condition and that the switches are off.
The current should be reinforced gradually in adjustment. Sudden increase should be avoided lest spasm of the muscles and breaking of the needles be caused.
If the highest output voltage of the electro-acupuncture stimulator is over 40 volts, the strongest output current should be controlled within 1 mA to prevent electric shock.
For the patients with cardiopathy, the current return circuit through the heart should be avoided. For the patients with weak physique, it is inadvisable to adopt strong current in order to avoid fainting.
It is inadvisable to select the needles that were used for heated needling, because their handle surface is oxidized and cannot conduct electricity.
You may also be interested in:
Examination and syndrome differentiation of meridians The theory of meridians
Osteoporosis is a common disease of the elderly . Among postmenopausal
If you want to pay attention , here we take a look at seven major
Moxibustion originated from the Chinese ancient times, because of it of
From obesity are usually poor stomach function, digestion and absorption of
Acupuncture weight loss Does it hurt? Is it will be very hemp? Acupuncture
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- Ear acupuncture
- The Primary Moxibustion Points
- Acupuncture treatment of freckles
- Acupuncture can be effective treatment for fatty liver
- What are ear seeds and ear tacks?
- What is Cupping Therapy
- Sometimes You Feel Worse Before You Get Better With Acupuncture
- Abdominal acupuncture needle techniques
- Acupuncture Safe Alternative To Inducing Labor
- Halo needle, is a rare adverse reaction to acupuncture
Best of tcmwell.com
Parallel inferolateral needling the line of occiput This way of needling is the
Acupuncture is an ancient art that is practiced over 3000 years. It focuses on
Prescription: Internal Nose (TG4), Lung (C014), Forehead (AT1) and Lower Tragus
Acupressure is an ancient art of healing, use your fingers to press key points
Acupuncture is a natural therapy that is a form of Chinese medication. It
As the temperature dropped, the number of people in the cold increased
- is it normal for the testes to hang in between a man's legs
- Is this a normal penis behavior?
- How to resolve constipation
- How can Healthy Weight Loss?
- How to treat gastric ulcer
- Gastric cancer patients to eat?
- How to care for patients with H1N1
- What is the reason for infertility
- Impotence causes
- Cause stomach pain reasons
- This is a urethral stones do?
- How treatment of stroke ?
- I do not know what the reason for feet of swollen?
- Irregular menstruation should be how Conditioning?
- Finger joint pain is not arthritis?
- Acupuncture, started a long time ago in China
- Acupuncture treatment no side effects?
- Acupuncture May Cut Arthritis Pain
- Acupuncture needles
- Weight loss by Acupuncture
- Parallel superolateral needling the line of occiput
- Moxibustion therapy introduction
- acupuncture affects the body
- The theory of meridians and collaterals is the core of the science of acupuncture and moxibustion
- Skin Care Treatment's Newest Craze - The Acupuncture Facelift
- Acupuncture Back Pain
- Acupuncture, Cool Night Hot Flashes
- Parallel needling the lateral line III front
- Acupuncture is very safe
- Try Acupuncture 5 Great Reasons