Diuretic Chinese Medicine Found to Limit Tumour Growth
Long kui (Solanum nigrum Linne) has been used in traditional Chinese medicine for centuries because of its diuretic and antipyretic effects. The present study was done at the College of Environmental and Chemical Engineering at the Yanshan University in Hebei, China.
A centuries-old traditional Chinese medicine used commonly as a diuretic and fever fighting drug has been newly discovered as being able to inhibit tumour growth in mice with cervical cancer.
Moreover, the expression of a gene Bcl-2 (B-cell lymphoma 2), which is believed to play a role in resisting conventional cancer treatment, dropped significantly. Mutated gene of p53, which originally is a tumour suppressor but its mutated form is found in most tumour types, also decreased.
The study examined the effect of the crude polysaccharides isolated from long kui on tumour growth.
Analysis of the tumour inhibition mechanism indicated that the number of apoptotic tumour cells (cells died) increased significantly, i.e. more cancerous cells were killed.
The effect of long kui polysaccarides on a group of tumour-bearing mice with cervical cancer was observed after oral administration of long kui polysaccahrides for 12 days.
On the other side of the token, the expression of cell-death promoting protein Bax increased.
What is more promising is that the long kui polysaccarides treatment can decrease the level of TNF-alpha, or tumour necrosis factor, in blood serum. These results indicated that the tumour growth inhibition of long kui polysaccarides might correlate with the reduction of TNF-alpha level of blood serum, which resulted in a massive necrosis (accidental death of cells) in tumour tissues and the up-regulation of Bax and down-regulation of Bcl-2 and mutant p53 gene expression, which triggered apoptosis in tumour cells.
You may also be interested in:
Examination and syndrome differentiation of meridians The theory of meridians
Osteoporosis is a common disease of the elderly . Among postmenopausal
If you want to pay attention , here we take a look at seven major
Moxibustion originated from the Chinese ancient times, because of it of
From obesity are usually poor stomach function, digestion and absorption of
Acupuncture weight loss Does it hurt? Is it will be very hemp? Acupuncture
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- Ear acupuncture
- The Primary Moxibustion Points
- Acupuncture treatment of freckles
- Acupuncture can be effective treatment for fatty liver
- What are ear seeds and ear tacks?
- What is Cupping Therapy
- Sometimes You Feel Worse Before You Get Better With Acupuncture
- Abdominal acupuncture needle techniques
- Acupuncture Safe Alternative To Inducing Labor
- Halo needle, is a rare adverse reaction to acupuncture
Best of tcmwell.com
Long kui (Solanum nigrum Linne) has been used in traditional Chinese medicine
Any kind of TCM treatment is determined by a thorough knowledge of all aspects
Acupuncture for weight loss may offer you an additional resource to help you
When the needle is inserted into the patient May feel nothing or a sensation
Acupuncture is the best way of alleviating chronic back pain - and it's far
Technique of acupuncture has a long history of success in traditional Chinese
- is it normal for the testes to hang in between a man's legs
- Is this a normal penis behavior?
- How to resolve constipation
- How can Healthy Weight Loss?
- How to treat gastric ulcer
- Gastric cancer patients to eat?
- How to care for patients with H1N1
- What is the reason for infertility
- Impotence causes
- Cause stomach pain reasons
- This is a urethral stones do?
- How treatment of stroke ?
- I do not know what the reason for feet of swollen?
- Irregular menstruation should be how Conditioning?
- Finger joint pain is not arthritis?
- Parallel needling the lateral line of the front II
- Moxibustion treatment of cold
- Acupuncture Relieves Menstrual Pain
- The Therapeutic Basis Of Acupuncture
- Moxibustion effective rule of law in fatty liver
- Acupuncture treatment no side effects?
- Try Acupuncture 5 Great Reasons
- There are Many Acupuncture Benefits
- Acupuncture and Breast Cancer
- Weight loss by Acupuncture
- Acupuncture for Weight Loss
- acupuncture Maximize health
- Acupuncture, started a long time ago in China
- Acupuncture weight loss lies persist
- Contraindications And Points For Attention In Tuina