Acupuncture, Cool Night Hot Flashes
Needles Cool Hot Flashes
Researchers compared the effects of acupuncture vs. a sham acupuncture treatment on the severity and frequency of nighttime hot flashes. Taking part in the study were 29 menopausal women experiencing at least seven moderate to severe hot flashes per day.
All of the women underwent nine treatments from trained acupuncturists in sessions over seven weeks. Twelve of the women received real acupuncture using points selected to target hot flashes and sleepiness. The rest of the women received a sham acupuncture treatment using nonpenetrating needles at random acupuncture channel points.
Throughout the study, the women reported the number and severity of their hot flashes.
The results showed that nighttime hot flash severity decreased significantly (28%) among the women who received acupuncture vs. a 6% drop among the women who got the sham treatment. However, they did not see a similar finding in the frequency of nighttime hot flashes between the two groups.
You may also be interested in:
Examination and syndrome differentiation of meridians The theory of meridians
Osteoporosis is a common disease of the elderly . Among postmenopausal
If you want to pay attention , here we take a look at seven major
Moxibustion originated from the Chinese ancient times, because of it of
From obesity are usually poor stomach function, digestion and absorption of
Acupuncture weight loss Does it hurt? Is it will be very hemp? Acupuncture
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- Ear acupuncture
- The Primary Moxibustion Points
- Acupuncture treatment of freckles
- Acupuncture can be effective treatment for fatty liver
- What are ear seeds and ear tacks?
- What is Cupping Therapy
- Sometimes You Feel Worse Before You Get Better With Acupuncture
- Abdominal acupuncture needle techniques
- Acupuncture Safe Alternative To Inducing Labor
- Halo needle, is a rare adverse reaction to acupuncture
Best of tcmwell.com
Technique of acupuncture has a long history of success in traditional Chinese
Moxibustion of the many extraordinary. Moxibustion therapy in a wide range of
Parallel needling of the superolateral liParallel needling the superolateral
Prescription: Internal Nose (TG4), Lung (C014), Forehead (AT1) and Lower Tragus
As the temperature dropped, the number of people in the cold increased
Overactive bladder affects an estimated 17 percent of the United States,
- is it normal for the testes to hang in between a man's legs
- Is this a normal penis behavior?
- How to resolve constipation
- How can Healthy Weight Loss?
- How to treat gastric ulcer
- Gastric cancer patients to eat?
- How to care for patients with H1N1
- What is the reason for infertility
- Impotence causes
- Cause stomach pain reasons
- This is a urethral stones do?
- How treatment of stroke ?
- I do not know what the reason for feet of swollen?
- Irregular menstruation should be how Conditioning?
- Finger joint pain is not arthritis?
- Acupuncture Back Pain
- Acupuncture for Weight Loss
- How might acupuncture work?
- acupuncture & acupressure-What is Acupuncture?
- Acupuncture safe?
- Traditional Chinese Medicine: What is Acupuncture?
- What is a halo-pin
- How to Lose the Weight and Keep It Off with Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine
- The theory of meridians and collaterals is the core of the science of acupuncture and moxibustion
- Acupuncture Treatment of Migraine
- draft traditional chinese acupuncture
- acupuncture affects the body
- There are Many Acupuncture Benefits
- Weight loss by Acupuncture
- Parallel inferolateral needling the line of occiput