Measles is caused by a virus
Measles is caused by a virus. The symptoms include fever, runny nose, cough, sore and reddened eyes, followed by the characteristic red-brown rash. The rash usually starts on the face and spreads down the body, lasting three or more days.
The incubation period - that's the time between exposure to someone with the disease and the onset of the symptoms - is about 10 days. The red rash shows up three days to a week after the first symptoms. People are contagious from just before symptoms appear until 4 to 5 days after the rash appears.
The Centers for there is no real treatment except bed rest. Most children are very sick, running a high fever and feeling uncomfortable, but most recover with no ill effects. Measles can cause pneumonia, inflammation of the brain, or ear infections. The disease hits very young children and adults harder.
Measles is preventable by vaccination. recommends that children receive the MMR (measles-mumps-rubella) vaccine beginning at age 12 to 15 months and again at 4 to 6. They should be reassessed at 11 to 12 years of age and if they haven't had all the proper immunizations, they should get them. Children older than that should get catch-up immunizations, if they need them. Adults born before 1957 are assumed to be immune since they probably had the disease as a child and you only get measles once.
You may also be interested in:
Hear the children teeth, the parents first thought is: the child is not a
【Massage environment is quiet, room temperature should be suitable】 At room
acute or slow onset, prior to the onset of asthma infants and young children
Asthma is a disease manifested clinically by paroxysmal wheezing with shortness
Cold is an exogenous disease frequently encountered in childhood, caused mainly
Diagnosis is a way to differentiate syndromes and diseases through the
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- Prevention and treatment of neonatal pneumonia
- The clinical manifestations of bronchial asthma in children
- Prevention and treatment of chronic pharyngitis Precautions
- The differential diagnosis of bronchial asthma in children
- Observation of the baby's tongue
- How to prevent pneumonia in life
- Classification of childhood pneumonia
- Neonatal pneumonia
- Coughing baby can not eat
- Complications of pneumonia
Best of tcmwell.com
Chinese medicine treatment of infantile diarrhea Chinese medicine treatment
Neonatal pneumonia generally fall into two categories: 1. Aspiration pneumonia
Main symptoms and signs: Urgent diarrhea, thin or watery stool with mucus and
Cough is one of the most common symptoms of the respiratory diseases caused by
Treatment The clinician's role in managing crying is to present explanations
Influenza has no precise and effective special treatment should focus on the
- is it normal for the testes to hang in between a man's legs
- Is this a normal penis behavior?
- How to resolve constipation
- How can Healthy Weight Loss?
- How to treat gastric ulcer
- Gastric cancer patients to eat?
- How to care for patients with H1N1
- What is the reason for infertility
- Impotence causes
- Cause stomach pain reasons
- This is a urethral stones do?
- How treatment of stroke ?
- I do not know what the reason for feet of swollen?
- Irregular menstruation should be how Conditioning?
- Finger joint pain is not arthritis?
- Vaccines may not be appropriate for everyone
- Baby crying Treatment
- Observation of the baby's tongue
- Cold is an exogenous disease frequently encountered in childhood
- Infantile Health Care
- Baby cough
- Physiological and pathological characteristics of infants
- Children's colds and how to chose the right medicine?
- TCM Cures Infants Diarrhea Due To Different Symptoms
- Chinese medicine treatment of infantile diarrhea Method 10
- Essentials Of Infants Viral Myocarditis For TCM Diagnosis
- Diasnosis of TCM Pediatrics
- Paediatrics Introduction
- The reasons for child molar
- Pediatric Massage Precautions