The clinical manifestations of optic nerve atrophy
Tuesday, Jan 19,2010, 3:20:53 PM Click:
1. Primary optic atrophy
Primary optic atrophy (primary optic atrophy) is due to sieve after intraorbital, tube, intracranial optic nerve, and chiasm, optic tract and lateral geniculate body of the damage caused by optic atrophy, so-called descending optic atrophy (descending optic atrophy).
Descending optic atrophy of the retinal changes is limited to optic disc, showing the optic disc color was gray, the border is extremely neat. As the nerve fiber atrophy and loss of myelin, physiological depression appears slightly larger than the dish slightly darker pale and gray-blue dots can be seen-shaped sieve plate. The retina and retinal vessels were normal.
Cases of primary optic atrophy in each patient, we must conduct a careful analysis of the vision. Clinically, one can often see patients with pituitary tumors due to vision loss and the first patient in the eye, because eye doctors ignored perimetry and misdiagnosis or missed diagnosis, resulting in the treatment of patients adversely affected by the timing.
2. Secondary optic atrophy
Secondary optic atrophy (secondary optic atrophy) is due to a long-term optic disc edema, or severe inflammation of the optic disc caused by optic atrophy. Multiple lesions confined to disc and its surrounding areas, so its fundus changes is limited to optic disc and adjacent retina. Disc due to glial proliferation and white, optic disc boundary is unclear, physiological depression has been filled by glia, thus physiological depression disappeared, sieve plate can not see the check. Disc in the vicinity of the retinal arteries, or accompanied by a variable thin white sheath, retinal vein may be thicker and curved. Posterior pole retina may also be residues that are not absorbed by bleeding and hard exudation.
Secondary optic atrophy, most patients have completely lost vision, a small number of patients remaining part of the vision, their vision is also Duocheng clear concentric narrowing.
3. Ascending optic atrophy
Uplink optic atrophy (ascending optic atrophy) is due to the extensive retinal or choroidal lesions, causing damage to retinal ganglion cells caused by optic atrophy, therefore, also known as retinal optic atrophy (retinitic optic atrophy), or the continuity of optic atrophy (consecutive optic atrophy). Almost all large-scale chorioretinopathy can cause ascending optic atrophy. For example: central retinal artery occlusion, retinitis pigmentosa, severe inflammation of the retina and choroid, as well as advanced glaucoma transformation.
You may also be interested in:
Common myopia myopia, also known simply refers to 600 degrees below the low to
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- What is an acute hemorrhagic conjunctivitis
- Clinical manifestations of malignant lymphoma
- Dacryocystitis and lacrimal gland inflammation What is the difference?
- The clinical manifestations of optic nerve atrophy
- Red-eye syndrome symptoms and treatment methods
- Eyelid tumor
- Viral keratitis
- The cause of lacrimal sac tumor
- Blepharospasm is an abnormal, involuntary blinking or spasm of the eyelids
- Ophthalmology-The Relationship between the Eyes and the Viscera
Best of tcmwell.com
Of the three chapters of Part One, the first chapter outlines various
Differentiate the symptoms and signs Differentiating vision Poor vision,
Eyestrain is a common ocular disease and prolonged eyestrain would probably
Most cases of eye arthritis have a lot to do with poor diet. Studies also show
Differentiating External and Internal Oculopathy External oculopathy, a
- is it normal for the testes to hang in between a man's legs
- Is this a normal penis behavior?
- How to resolve constipation
- How can Healthy Weight Loss?
- How to treat gastric ulcer
- Gastric cancer patients to eat?
- How to care for patients with H1N1
- What is the reason for infertility
- Impotence causes
- Cause stomach pain reasons
- This is a urethral stones do?
- How treatment of stroke ?
- I do not know what the reason for feet of swollen?
- Irregular menstruation should be how Conditioning?
- Finger joint pain is not arthritis?