This is about cervical cancer treatment and your sex life
Many women feel nervous about having sex soon after treatment for cancer, but it is perfectly safe. Sex will not make the cancer come back and your partner can not catch cancer from you.
Often, women feel they need to take more time on sex to help relax the vagina. It may also be easier if your partner is gentle at first so that the vagina can stretch slowly. Regular gentle sex will help the vagina becomes more flexible and you should be able to return to your normal sex life, a few weeks after radiotherapy.
If sex is difficult, you and your partner may find it helps to talk with one of your treatment team. Although it may feel awkward at first, it can really help to talk things through.
Your doctor or nurse must have experience in this area and can advise you on what might help you. You can also talk to our specialist cancer support |.
Our section on sexuality and cancer | has more information and guidance.
You may find that your treatment makes an early menopause. The symptoms are not different from those of natural menopause, but may be more intense if it occurs suddenly. If you want, there is no reason why you should not take HRT if your treatment causes early menopause.
Other effects of radiotherapy
Radiation therapy for cancer of the cervix can cause some side effects. These are fibrosis and narrowing of the vagina, vaginal dryness, pain during intercourse, and the delicate skin inside the vagina.
the widespread fears about sex and cancer
You may feel nervous about having sex after being diagnosed with cancer of the cervix, or have had treatment. If you wish, you can resume your normal sexual activity after several weeks of radiation therapy or surgery finish. It is perfectly safe once your body has healed. Your partner can not catch cancer from you.
If you're still worried, anxious or depressed, you're not likely to want sex. Talk things over with your partner. Together, you should be able to work on what is best for you both.
You may also be interested in:
French and U.S. scientists recently discovered that broccoli is not only rich
Tuberculosis, also known as tuberculosis, young people prone to a chronic
Appendicitis commonly known as appendicitis. Cecal appendix is near the head of
As the causes of acute appendicitis in children is not clear, in order to avoid
Insomnia is the inability of normal sleep, described the results obtained from
Colds are viruses diseases infected the upper respiratory tract and cold and
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- Dietary treatment of chronic antral gastritis
- Tuberculosis, pneumonia, lung cancer, how to distinguish
- How to treat hepatic cysts
- Gastroptosis Symptoms
- Pyelonephritis diet and nursing
- The symptoms of gastric mucosa prolapse
- How do I care after appendectomy
- The symptoms of chronic antral gastritis
- Chinese medicine treatment "white hair"
- Modern treatment of chronic gastritis
Best of tcmwell.com
Exogenous cough in acute upper respiratory tract infection, acute bronchitis
(A) the principal is to increase the body resistance training can change the
The slow progress of the disease is often recurrent, a good, middle-aged
The internal causes more emotional changes, poor diet Related Information The
Abnormal semen disease, refers to semen sperm count, viability, vitality,
1 , Candida infection is the most common symptom is vaginal discharge , itching
- is it normal for the testes to hang in between a man's legs
- Is this a normal penis behavior?
- How to resolve constipation
- How can Healthy Weight Loss?
- How to treat gastric ulcer
- Gastric cancer patients to eat?
- How to care for patients with H1N1
- What is the reason for infertility
- Impotence causes
- Cause stomach pain reasons
- This is a urethral stones do?
- How treatment of stroke ?
- I do not know what the reason for feet of swollen?
- Irregular menstruation should be how Conditioning?
- Finger joint pain is not arthritis?
- Wild Garlic Plants May Treating High Blood Pressure
- Unexplained leukemia is a malignant disease
- Pulmonary abscess
- The Ethnic Uniqueness Of China's Tibetan Medicine
- Modern Chinese medicine treatment for infertility
- Understanding of the causes of hyperlipidemia
- Bronchial asthma (asthma for short) is an attack of chest tightness, coughing
- egg increases the risk of developing diabetes
- Spinal Arthritis
- Appendicitis in children the disease the reasons
- chronic gastritis The diagnosis
- Diagnostic criteria for fungal vaginitis
- chronic gastritis of Clinical manifestations
- Classification and characteristics of diseases of the Interi
- Primary liver cancer