This is about cervical cancer treatment and your sex life
Many women feel nervous about having sex soon after treatment for cancer, but it is perfectly safe. Sex will not make the cancer come back and your partner can not catch cancer from you.
Often, women feel they need to take more time on sex to help relax the vagina. It may also be easier if your partner is gentle at first so that the vagina can stretch slowly. Regular gentle sex will help the vagina becomes more flexible and you should be able to return to your normal sex life, a few weeks after radiotherapy.
If sex is difficult, you and your partner may find it helps to talk with one of your treatment team. Although it may feel awkward at first, it can really help to talk things through.
Your doctor or nurse must have experience in this area and can advise you on what might help you. You can also talk to our specialist cancer support |.
Our section on sexuality and cancer | has more information and guidance.
You may find that your treatment makes an early menopause. The symptoms are not different from those of natural menopause, but may be more intense if it occurs suddenly. If you want, there is no reason why you should not take HRT if your treatment causes early menopause.
Other effects of radiotherapy
Radiation therapy for cancer of the cervix can cause some side effects. These are fibrosis and narrowing of the vagina, vaginal dryness, pain during intercourse, and the delicate skin inside the vagina.
the widespread fears about sex and cancer
You may feel nervous about having sex after being diagnosed with cancer of the cervix, or have had treatment. If you wish, you can resume your normal sexual activity after several weeks of radiation therapy or surgery finish. It is perfectly safe once your body has healed. Your partner can not catch cancer from you.
If you're still worried, anxious or depressed, you're not likely to want sex. Talk things over with your partner. Together, you should be able to work on what is best for you both.
You may also be interested in:
French and U.S. scientists recently discovered that broccoli is not only rich
Tuberculosis, also known as tuberculosis, young people prone to a chronic
Appendicitis commonly known as appendicitis. Cecal appendix is near the head of
As the causes of acute appendicitis in children is not clear, in order to avoid
Insomnia is the inability of normal sleep, described the results obtained from
Colds are viruses diseases infected the upper respiratory tract and cold and
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- Dietary treatment of chronic antral gastritis
- Tuberculosis, pneumonia, lung cancer, how to distinguish
- Gastroptosis Symptoms
- How to treat hepatic cysts
- The symptoms of gastric mucosa prolapse
- Pyelonephritis diet and nursing
- How do I care after appendectomy
- The symptoms of chronic antral gastritis
- Chinese medicine treatment "white hair"
- Modern treatment of chronic gastritis
Best of tcmwell.com
The internal causes more emotional changes, poor diet Related Information The
Understanding of the causes of high blood lipids Called diseases of modern
Gastric cancer is a common digestive tract cancer, occurred in middle-aged and
Traditional Chinese medical science is an important part of Chinese culture.
Habitual abortion refers to pregnancy for women or 2 times 2 times more than
The majority of patients are most concerned about the treatment of chronic
- is it normal for the testes to hang in between a man's legs
- Is this a normal penis behavior?
- How to resolve constipation
- How can Healthy Weight Loss?
- How to treat gastric ulcer
- Gastric cancer patients to eat?
- How to care for patients with H1N1
- What is the reason for infertility
- Impotence causes
- Cause stomach pain reasons
- This is a urethral stones do?
- How treatment of stroke ?
- I do not know what the reason for feet of swollen?
- Irregular menstruation should be how Conditioning?
- Finger joint pain is not arthritis?
- Bronchial asthma (asthma for short) is an attack of chest tightness, coughing
- History of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- egg increases the risk of developing diabetes
- Primary liver cancer
- Unexplained leukemia is a malignant disease
- Diagnostic criteria for fungal vaginitis
- Classification and characteristics of diseases of the Interi
- The prevention of chronic gastritis
- Chamomile Tea May Help Prevent of Diabetes
- Gastric cancer is a common malignant tumor of digestive tract
- Diarrhea Due To Yang Deficiency Of The Spleen And Kidney
- chronic gastritis The diagnosis
- Understanding of the causes of hyperlipidemia
- Colds are viruses diseases infected the upper respiratory tract
- The Ethnic Uniqueness Of China's Tibetan Medicine