The human body is composed of more than 200 bones of different shapes and sizes
The human body is composed of more than 200 bones of different shapes and sizes. Bones consist of living cells (osteocytes called osteoclasts and osteoblasts) that are interconnected by a hard material, such as calcium. This makes the bone strong and rigid. The bones are hollow and filled with a spongy material called bone marrow that produces blood cells.
Joints of bones are covered in cartilage - a resistant material, flexible, like cartilage. As the cartilage is more elastic than bone it allows the bones to move freely at the joints. It also cushions the bones in joints to stop them rubbing against each other.
The bones have several important functions. The skeleton gives the body a rigid and the joints act as levers that the body can move. Bones also protect the organs in the body: for example, the ribcage protects the heart and lungs. They also remember some of the essential minerals in the body, especially calcium.
You may also be interested in:
French and U.S. scientists recently discovered that broccoli is not only rich
Tuberculosis, also known as tuberculosis, young people prone to a chronic
Appendicitis commonly known as appendicitis. Cecal appendix is near the head of
As the causes of acute appendicitis in children is not clear, in order to avoid
Insomnia is the inability of normal sleep, described the results obtained from
Colds are viruses diseases infected the upper respiratory tract and cold and
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- Dietary treatment of chronic antral gastritis
- How to treat hepatic cysts
- Tuberculosis, pneumonia, lung cancer, how to distinguish
- Gastroptosis Symptoms
- Pyelonephritis diet and nursing
- How do I care after appendectomy
- The symptoms of gastric mucosa prolapse
- Chinese medicine treatment "white hair"
- The symptoms of chronic antral gastritis
- Modern treatment of chronic gastritis
Best of tcmwell.com
The majority of patients are most concerned about the treatment of chronic
Chronic nephritis is referred to as chronic glomerulonephritis, is a common and
Abnormal semen disease, refers to semen sperm count, viability, vitality,
The internal causes more emotional changes, poor diet Related Information The
Gastric cancer is a common digestive tract cancer, occurred in middle-aged and
Non-specific symptoms of chronic gastritis, little signs, X-ray examination
- is it normal for the testes to hang in between a man's legs
- Is this a normal penis behavior?
- How to resolve constipation
- How can Healthy Weight Loss?
- How to treat gastric ulcer
- Gastric cancer patients to eat?
- How to care for patients with H1N1
- What is the reason for infertility
- Impotence causes
- Cause stomach pain reasons
- This is a urethral stones do?
- How treatment of stroke ?
- I do not know what the reason for feet of swollen?
- Irregular menstruation should be how Conditioning?
- Finger joint pain is not arthritis?
- New Study Of Prescription
- Snoring during pregnancy, may mean that diabetes
- Gastric cancer is a common malignant tumor of digestive tract
- egg increases the risk of developing diabetes
- The human body is composed of more than 200 bones of different shapes and sizes
- Unexplained leukemia is a malignant disease
- How to prevent childhood appendicitis?
- Appendicitis in children the disease the reasons
- Broccoli prevent stomach cancer
- Diagnostic criteria for fungal vaginitis
- Urinary stone disease is a general term urinary tract lithiasis
- chronic gastritis of Clinical manifestations
- chronic gastritis The diagnosis
- Classification and characteristics of diseases of the Interi
- Wild Garlic Plants May Treating High Blood Pressure