The human body is composed of more than 200 bones of different shapes and sizes
The human body is composed of more than 200 bones of different shapes and sizes. Bones consist of living cells (osteocytes called osteoclasts and osteoblasts) that are interconnected by a hard material, such as calcium. This makes the bone strong and rigid. The bones are hollow and filled with a spongy material called bone marrow that produces blood cells.
Joints of bones are covered in cartilage - a resistant material, flexible, like cartilage. As the cartilage is more elastic than bone it allows the bones to move freely at the joints. It also cushions the bones in joints to stop them rubbing against each other.
The bones have several important functions. The skeleton gives the body a rigid and the joints act as levers that the body can move. Bones also protect the organs in the body: for example, the ribcage protects the heart and lungs. They also remember some of the essential minerals in the body, especially calcium.
You may also be interested in:
French and U.S. scientists recently discovered that broccoli is not only rich
Tuberculosis, also known as tuberculosis, young people prone to a chronic
Appendicitis commonly known as appendicitis. Cecal appendix is near the head of
As the causes of acute appendicitis in children is not clear, in order to avoid
Insomnia is the inability of normal sleep, described the results obtained from
Colds are viruses diseases infected the upper respiratory tract and cold and
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- Dietary treatment of chronic antral gastritis
- Tuberculosis, pneumonia, lung cancer, how to distinguish
- Gastroptosis Symptoms
- How to treat hepatic cysts
- The symptoms of gastric mucosa prolapse
- Pyelonephritis diet and nursing
- How do I care after appendectomy
- The symptoms of chronic antral gastritis
- Chinese medicine treatment "white hair"
- Clinical manifestations of liver cirrhosis
Best of tcmwell.com
Habitual abortion refers to pregnancy for women or 2 times 2 times more than
Bronchial asthma (asthma for short) is an attack of chest tightness, coughing,
Swelling Stiffness of the joint between the pelvic bones (the ilium) and
Understanding of the causes of high blood lipids Called diseases of modern
Non-specific symptoms of chronic gastritis, little signs, X-ray examination
Abnormal semen disease, refers to semen sperm count, viability, vitality,
- is it normal for the testes to hang in between a man's legs
- Is this a normal penis behavior?
- How to resolve constipation
- How can Healthy Weight Loss?
- How to treat gastric ulcer
- Gastric cancer patients to eat?
- How to care for patients with H1N1
- What is the reason for infertility
- Impotence causes
- Cause stomach pain reasons
- This is a urethral stones do?
- How treatment of stroke ?
- I do not know what the reason for feet of swollen?
- Irregular menstruation should be how Conditioning?
- Finger joint pain is not arthritis?
- Broccoli prevent stomach cancer
- Chamomile Tea May Help Prevent of Diabetes
- Diagnostic criteria for fungal vaginitis
- The Ethnic Uniqueness Of China's Tibetan Medicine
- Appendicitis in children the disease the reasons
- Spinal Arthritis
- Classification and characteristics of diseases of the Interi
- Primary liver cancer
- Colds are viruses diseases infected the upper respiratory tract
- American Ginseng Reduces Blood Sugar
- Modern Chinese medicine treatment for infertility
- Unexplained leukemia is a malignant disease
- chronic gastritis of Clinical manifestations
- How to prevent childhood appendicitis?
- Modern treatment of chronic gastritis