Diabetes is a very common disease and is spread Worldwide
Friday, Aug 19,2011, 5:40:54 PM Click:
Diabetes is actually a metabolic disorder in which the human body cannot generate or use insulin properly. Insulin is a hormone, needed to convert starches, sugar, and all other food into energy. The constant high level of blood glucose is what we call as diabetes. The hormones glucagons and insulin maintain the blood glucose level at a very narrow range. The hormone glucagon helps liver in releasing glucose into the blood from lever cells.
Diabetes is categorized in three categories--
➢ Diabetes type 1
➢ Diabetes type 2
➢ Gestational diabetes
Diabetes of Type 1 and Type 2 obstruct a person’s life. When the glucose breakdown is stopped, our body uses proteins and fats to produce the energy. Because of this mechanism, symptoms like polyuria, polydipsia, polyphegia, and unnecessary weight loss can be noticed in a diabetes patient. 70 mg/dl -110 mg/dl is the desired value of blood sugar at the fasting state. If the body blood sugar level is less than 70 mg/dl, the patient is suffering from hypoglycemia and if it is more than 110 mg/dl, it is hyperglycemia.
Diabetes is the chief reason for end-stage renal ailment, adult blindness, amputations, and gangrene. Obesity, hereditary, lack of exercise, and stress may increase the possibility of diabetes. If the blood sugar level is continually high, it may lead to kidney failure, cardiovascular troubles, and neuropathy. The diabetic person is four times more prone to stroke and coronary heart disease. The Gestational diabetes is very precarious for pregnant women and their fetus.
➢ Diabetes is not absolutely curable, but, it can be controlled to much extent. One must be thoroughly aware of the diabetes fact to control it. Good diet, exercise, and proper medication are the three most effective measures to control the diabetes.
Advanced diabetes researches have led to superior ways to control diabetes and curing its impediments. They include-
➢ Implantable and external insulin pumps have improved well to control raised blood sugars levels with no allergic reactions.
➢ Oral hypoglycemic medicine is very useful to control diabetes of type 2
➢ Innovative blood glucose monitor
➢ Availability of the effectual medication for body organs affected due to diabetes.
You may also be interested in:
French and U.S. scientists recently discovered that broccoli is not only rich
Tuberculosis, also known as tuberculosis, young people prone to a chronic
Appendicitis commonly known as appendicitis. Cecal appendix is near the head of
As the causes of acute appendicitis in children is not clear, in order to avoid
Insomnia is the inability of normal sleep, described the results obtained from
Colds are viruses diseases infected the upper respiratory tract and cold and
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- Dietary treatment of chronic antral gastritis
- How to treat hepatic cysts
- Tuberculosis, pneumonia, lung cancer, how to distinguish
- How do I care after appendectomy
- Gastroptosis Symptoms
- Pyelonephritis diet and nursing
- The symptoms of gastric mucosa prolapse
- Chinese medicine treatment "white hair"
- The symptoms of chronic antral gastritis
- Modern treatment of chronic gastritis
Best of tcmwell.com
Understanding of the causes of high blood lipids Called diseases of modern
The internal causes more emotional changes, poor diet Related Information The
The study, entitled ACE Inhibitor Activity of Nutritive Plants in Kwa-Zulu
Chronic nephritis is referred to as chronic glomerulonephritis, is a common and
The majority of patients are most concerned about the treatment of chronic
Swelling Stiffness of the joint between the pelvic bones (the ilium) and
- is it normal for the testes to hang in between a man's legs
- Is this a normal penis behavior?
- How to resolve constipation
- How can Healthy Weight Loss?
- How to treat gastric ulcer
- Gastric cancer patients to eat?
- How to care for patients with H1N1
- What is the reason for infertility
- Impotence causes
- Cause stomach pain reasons
- This is a urethral stones do?
- How treatment of stroke ?
- I do not know what the reason for feet of swollen?
- Irregular menstruation should be how Conditioning?
- Finger joint pain is not arthritis?
- Chamomile Tea May Help Prevent of Diabetes
- Chronic nephritis is a common and intractable of chronic kidney disease
- Traditional Chinese Medicine coughing Research
- Pulmonary abscess
- chronic gastritis of Clinical manifestations
- Modern Chinese medicine treatment for infertility
- Primary liver cancer
- Young people how to prevent tuberculosis?
- Understanding of the causes of hyperlipidemia
- Snoring during pregnancy, may mean that diabetes
- Diarrhea Due To Yang Deficiency Of The Spleen And Kidney
- Gastric cancer is a common malignant tumor of digestive tract
- The Ethnic Uniqueness Of China's Tibetan Medicine
- Wild Garlic Plants May Treating High Blood Pressure
- Broccoli prevent stomach cancer