Digestive Problems: TCM Tells You
Excessive burping, belching, acid reflux, abdominal bloating and embarrassing wind are all signs that not all is well with your digestive system. Drugs to treat indigestion and acid reflux are amongst the largest money spinners for drug companies.
If the body is under high stress, the body will shift energy from yang energy pathways to yin for a more effective response to the need for survival. This prepares the body to run further, fight harder and survive. The yang or hollow organs can wait for their share of energy until the perceived danger has passed. In the cave days, we would have outrun or fought off the danger (like an attacking animal), and everything would have come back to normal back in our cave. In today¡¯s world we may stay in stress day after day without our digestive organs getting enough energy to do their job fully. Here is the key-the higher your stress levels, the lower the energy to digest food properly. This has many consequences, and can become a vicious cycle. If you are not digesting your food, your body doesn't get the protein building blocks to create digestive juices and digestive enzymes.
It is useful to understand what interferes with healthy digestion. In Chinese medicine all organs and energy pathways (meridians) are linked to one of 5 Elements, Fire, Earth, Metal, Water and Wood. Each element has a yin and a yang component. The yin organs are solid, work all the time, and are essential for immediate survival. They include the Heart, Kidneys, Lungs and Liver. The yang organs are hollow and do not work all the time. They include the Stomach, Large and Small Intestines and Gall Bladder.
Without proper digestion, you will become deficient in Vitamins, Minerals, Essential Fatty Acids and Amino Acids, the nutrients that are essential to feed, protect and renew your trillion cells, keeping you healthy.
When you are under stress, food choices may be compromised with"comfort foods"(usually sugar and fat laden treats) and takeaways. Food will sit in the stomach too long, creating gas which leads to the burping and belching digestive problems. The body is busy surviving the stress, while the secretion of digestive juices has to wait. Begin by reducing the stress levels to assist you to digest food well.
You may also be interested in:
Chinese description of the tree in disease. Conditions so that the patient's
TCM Diagnosis The human body is an organic whole, local pathological changes
The disease is clinically divided into the five syndromes of deficiency of qi
Nasal obstruction with whitish and thick nasal dis-charge, hyposmia, or
Berberine, a bitter-tasting yellow chemical found in some roots and barks, has
Rheumatoid arthritis is a chronic, consumptive and recurrent autoimmune
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- Fracture-Nursing Management
- Could Premature Babies Face Problems Later in Life?
- Diarrhea and fever patients should not eat eggs
- Gout can cause diarrhea?
- Aplastic Anemia Medical Management
- Acute and chronic lymphadenitis
- Tuberculosis of cervical lymph nodes
- Acupressure Points For Pain Relief In Labour-Hand Point
- Acupuncture Treatments Hemorrhoids
- Cold Vomiting Syndrome Symptoms are vomiting after overeating
Best of tcmwell.com
(1) control diet. Diet from time to time, quantitative, food, soft, hard, cold,
For topical treatment, a powder made by grinding residue of spirit, realgar,
For the study, the researchers surveyed 7,900 students age 12 to 14 at five
1. Some Chinese medicine containing toxic ingredients, such as Aconite
People who suffer from depression try and find ways to combat the feelings of
Dermatology experts say, for the second time and light burns, because the only
- is it normal for the testes to hang in between a man's legs
- Is this a normal penis behavior?
- How to resolve constipation
- How can Healthy Weight Loss?
- How to treat gastric ulcer
- Gastric cancer patients to eat?
- How to care for patients with H1N1
- What is the reason for infertility
- Impotence causes
- Cause stomach pain reasons
- This is a urethral stones do?
- How treatment of stroke ?
- I do not know what the reason for feet of swollen?
- Irregular menstruation should be how Conditioning?
- Finger joint pain is not arthritis?
- activities of the toes to help digestion
- Anorexia, namely aversion to food
- Acupuncture and Glaucoma
- Complications of Asthma
- Hand, foot and mouth disease treatment guidelines
- Sleep Apnea Increases Risk Of Heart Attack Or Death By 30 Percent
- Let woman gets sleeping sweeter the more ten tips
- Digestive Problems: TCM Tells You
- Headaches and migraines Treatment
- Too Little Or Too Much Sleep Increases Risk Of Death
- How to Understand High Blood Pressure
- Polyethylene Glycol to Chronic Constipation
- Asbestos lung cancer is a group
- TCM diagnostic methods
- Combination Treatment For Migraine More Effective Than Single Medications