Common Cold Due To Wind And Heat
Main symptoms and signs Serious fever, slight aversion to wind and cold, stuffy nose with turbid nasal discharge, distending pain of the head and eyes, dry mouth and thirst, swelling pain of the throat, cough, yellowish and sticky sputum, redness of the tip and margin of the tongue, yellowish thin tongue fur and floating and rapid pulse.
Therapeutic methods Relieving the exterior with acrid and cool-natured drugs; dispersing the lung to eliminate heat.
Modification For the patients with serious distending pain of the head and eyes, 6 g of Sangye ( Folium Mori) and 10 g of Juhua (Ftos Chrysanthemi) are added; for the patients with cough and profuse sputum, 6 g of Xingren ( Semen Armeniacae Amarum), 8 g of Zhebeimu (Bulbus Fritillarae Thunbergii ) and 10 g of Gualoupi (Pericarpium Trichosanthis ) are added; for the patients with severe sore throat, 10 g of Banlangen (Radix Isatidis ), 6 g of Mabo (Lasiosphaera seu Calvatia) and 8 g of Xuanshen (Radix Scrophulariae) are added; for the patients with susceptibility to fright and crying, disturbed sleep, grinding teeth in sleep, reddish tongue rio, taut and rapid pulse due to common cold complicated by fright, the treatment should concentrate on clearing away heat to stop fright and the prescription should be modified by adding 10 g of Gouteng (Ramulus Uncariae cure Uncis), 8 g of Baijiangcan (Bombyx Batryticatus) and 4 g of Chantui (Periostracum Cicadae), or the patients may be treated by immediate application of acupuncture to stop convulsion followed by the use of Xiao'er Huichun Bolus to eliminate wind and stop fright.
Prescription and drugs The prescription used is modified Yinqiao Powder (Powder of Lonicera and Forsythia) composed of 10 g of Jinyinhua (Flos Lonicerae), 10 g of Lianqiao (FructusForsythiae ), 6 g of Bohe (Herba Menthae) (to be decocted later), 6 g of Jingjie (Herba Schizonepetae), 10 g of Dandouchi (Semen Sojaem Praeparatum), 6 g of Jiegeng (Retinervus Citri Reticulatae Fructus), 10 g of Niubangzi (Fructus Arctii), 3 g of Gancao (Radix Glycyrrhizae) and 10 g of Lugen (Rhizoma Phragmitis).
You may also be interested in:
Diabetics prone to lethargy , mainly because of diabetic patients with
1 , upper abdominal pain : This is the most common symptoms of stomach cancer.
Chinese description of the tree in disease. Conditions so that the patient's
TCM Diagnosis The human body is an organic whole, local pathological changes
The disease is clinically divided into the five syndromes of deficiency of qi
Nasal obstruction with whitish and thick nasal dis-charge, hyposmia, or
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- Fracture-Nursing Management
- Diarrhea and fever patients should not eat eggs
- Could Premature Babies Face Problems Later in Life?
- Gout can cause diarrhea?
- Aplastic Anemia Medical Management
- Acute and chronic lymphadenitis
- Tuberculosis of cervical lymph nodes
- Acupressure Points For Pain Relief In Labour-Hand Point
- Acupuncture Treatments Hemorrhoids
- Cold Vomiting Syndrome Symptoms are vomiting after overeating
Best of tcmwell.com
Researchers from the University of Warwick, and University College London, have
Syndrome of Injury of the Spleen Due to Food Stagnation It is manifested by
The most effective treatment for sleep apnea is a technique called nasal CPAP,
Honey therapy: oral wash clean, and then sterilized cotton ulcer will be
Item Location This point is located between the first and second metacarpal
Treatment of insomnia behavioral therapy for most people in daily life from
- is it normal for the testes to hang in between a man's legs
- Is this a normal penis behavior?
- How to resolve constipation
- How can Healthy Weight Loss?
- How to treat gastric ulcer
- Gastric cancer patients to eat?
- How to care for patients with H1N1
- What is the reason for infertility
- Impotence causes
- Cause stomach pain reasons
- This is a urethral stones do?
- How treatment of stroke ?
- I do not know what the reason for feet of swollen?
- Irregular menstruation should be how Conditioning?
- Finger joint pain is not arthritis?
- Medlar magical effect reducing weight
- Headaches and migraines Treatment
- Acupressure Points For Pain Relief In Labour-Neiguan
- The Chinese herbs to regulate blood work
- Acupressure Points For Pain Relief In Labour-Yongquan
- Sleep Apnea May Increase Risk Of Diabetes
- History Of Migraines Associated With Increased Risk Of Retinopathy
- Acupressure Points For Pain Relief In Labour-Kunlun
- Neck Pain Acupuncture
- How to Understand High Blood Pressure
- Herbal Remedies for Psoriasis
- 16 kinds of Chinese medicine causes adverse reactions
- Cervical Spondylopathy
- Polyethylene Glycol to Chronic Constipation
- Chinese medicine fights diabetes, obesity