Adult Acne: Effective Treatment Available
While it may seem that nothing is clear in adult acne, the fact is that treatment can be effective. Often, combination therapy (the use of two or more treatments) to help the dermatologist, and requires a little patience.
The following describes the processing that may be effective for adult acne.
Only for adult acne is often associated with hormonal changes, oral medication may be necessary to minimize these fluctuations and control acne. The drugs, which can minimize the hormonal fluctuations women are oral contraceptives, spironolactone, and hormonal therapy. These procedures are not suitable for all women and should never be taken during pregnancy. Hormone therapy is usually reserved for treating women with acne develops around or after menopause. This type of therapy are more likely to be set when acne is accompanied by mood swings, insomnia, anxiety, loss of hair and a decrease in verbal skills.
Oral antibiotics may also be part of a plan of treatment for adult acne can be used to get acne under control. Recent studies show that the adoption of an oral antibiotic and the use of topical retinoids in a few months and then stop the antibiotics can be effective. Topical retinoids often one can sustain performance over time.
If the acne is severe or very resistant to treatment, oral isotretinoin is prescribed in May. In some cases, periodic treatment with the drug may help adults keep skin clear. Patients 50 and 60 years with acne were sporadic successfully treated with oral isotretinoin in low doses.
When oral medications prescribed for acne, it is important that the patient consult a specialist trained in the treatment of acne, as a dermatologist.
Local treatment of acne includes creams, lotions, gels and solutions. Topical treatment that combines benzoyl peroxide and topical antimicrobial such as clindamycin or erythromycin may be effective for adults with mild to moderate acne. Combination with clindamycin topical retinoid may also be effective. These products require a prescription. On-The-Counter product that contains sodium sulfacetamide and sulfur contributes to some adults.
Topical retinoid commonly used for treatment of small bumps under the skin and acne. Some of them are available without a prescription. The most effective requires a prescription. Retinoids are the only drugs to be effective in the fight against microcomedone - defeat of acne.
Although some patients are reluctant to use topical retinoid because of the reputation of irritating to the skin, more recent formulations are available, which cause much less irritation. If you are using retinoids, dermatologists recommend that patients use sunscreen daily before going out. Topical retinoid increases the risk of burns. An additional advantage of using topical retinoids is the ability of the product to reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
Anti-acne cosmetic. Over-The-acne treatment for women is one of the most dynamic development of skin care. Proven and reliable anti-acne ingredients such as salicylic acid, finding their way in facial Moisturizers and funds. Although the active ingredients are the same as those available in products specifically for adolescents, products for women are less drying. Many of these products include Anti-Aging ingredients.
While this may seem very promising, the active ingredients approved for over-the-counter products can not effectively control acne adults.
Good Skin Care Essential
When it comes to skin care for their patients with acne, dermatologists generally recommend wash your face with a mild detergent person. Avoid vigorous rubbing as this can cause irritation of the skin and make acne worse. Daily Sun protection is essential, since some medicines against acne increase skin sensitivity to sunlight. It is equally important to use only the skin and hair care products labeled "no comedogenic" or "not acnegenic." First of all, do not pick, squeeze or pop lesions. This leads to the deterioration of acne and scars.
For the treatment of persistent nodules or sometimes a brush, a dermatologist in May injecting corticosteroids in defeat. This treatment can rapidly reduce pain and reduces swelling and the potential for scarring.
While chemical peels and other physical treatments available at Spa-setting, as claimed, effective treatment of acne, their role in the treatment of adult acne has not been defined.
Benefits help dermatologist
If within a prescription acne treatment and skin care and can not get rid of pimples, do not despair. Seeing a dermatologist can give you peace of mind. Losses can not be acne. Other skin conditions like acne. Dermatologists say. If acne is a problem, other medications may be needed.
Getting acne under control has its advantages. This reduces the risk of scarring. More acne persists, the more likely result in scarring. Taking control of acne may also improve the quality of their lives. Studies show that older people report more negative impact on their quality of life of acne than younger people.
You may also be interested in:
Diabetics prone to lethargy , mainly because of diabetic patients with
1 , upper abdominal pain : This is the most common symptoms of stomach cancer.
Chinese description of the tree in disease. Conditions so that the patient's
TCM Diagnosis The human body is an organic whole, local pathological changes
The disease is clinically divided into the five syndromes of deficiency of qi
Nasal obstruction with whitish and thick nasal dis-charge, hyposmia, or
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- Fracture-Nursing Management
- Diarrhea and fever patients should not eat eggs
- Could Premature Babies Face Problems Later in Life?
- Gout can cause diarrhea?
- Aplastic Anemia Medical Management
- Acute and chronic lymphadenitis
- Tuberculosis of cervical lymph nodes
- Acupressure Points For Pain Relief In Labour-Hand Point
- Acupuncture Treatments Hemorrhoids
- Cold Vomiting Syndrome Symptoms are vomiting after overeating
Best of tcmwell.com
Dear women, if you sleep on a problem, for example, take a long time still
Acupressure Technique Women can hold a small comb in the palm of his hand so
Common clinical symptoms include retrosternal paroxysmal pain, which may
Hand, foot and mouth disease (Hand-foot-mouth disease, HFMD) is a kind of
(1) control diet. Diet from time to time, quantitative, food, soft, hard, cold,
Researchers from the University of Warwick, and University College London, have
- is it normal for the testes to hang in between a man's legs
- Is this a normal penis behavior?
- How to resolve constipation
- How can Healthy Weight Loss?
- How to treat gastric ulcer
- Gastric cancer patients to eat?
- How to care for patients with H1N1
- What is the reason for infertility
- Impotence causes
- Cause stomach pain reasons
- This is a urethral stones do?
- How treatment of stroke ?
- I do not know what the reason for feet of swollen?
- Irregular menstruation should be how Conditioning?
- Finger joint pain is not arthritis?
- Acupressure Points For Pain Relief In Labour-Kunlun
- New Study Says Women's Health Much More At Risk From Sleep Deprivation
- Cervical Spondylopathy
- Essentials of Diagnosis Treatment
- Acupressure Points For Pain Relief In Labour-Jianjing
- Acupuncture Reduces Pain In head And Neck Cancer Patients
- Asbestos lung cancer is a group
- Acupressure Points For Pain Relief In Labour-Hand Point
- TCM diagnostic methods
- Scalded skin smear toothpaste is not science
- Youth and health is that each of us wants to have
- Acupressure Points For Pain Relief In Labour-Neiguan
- How Chinese Medicine Diagnoses Depression
- Chinese medicine fights diabetes, obesity
- 16 kinds of Chinese medicine causes adverse reactions