The testicle atrophy is defined by regressive changes that diminishes testis size, is also called zi wei (in mandarin, literally means diminishing of child); it is uni- or bilateral testicle involvement, small and soft in characteristic, the majority can cause sterile, mainly caused by parotitis or external trauma, may also be congenital. Many cases happened due to kidney qi (vital energy) insufficiency, or due to illnesses and trauma. The congenital testicle maldevelopment is not easy to cure, as well as continuous testicle atrophy also needs patience to recuperate and to treat; the traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) can obtain certain effect in diagnosis and treatment.
Main point of diagnosis: TCM called it 'zi wei'. The reasons are congenital, insufficient of kidney Qi , nutritive loses of testis; or contracted zi yong (testicular sore) firstly and not healed completely, thus causing testis and liver depression, then blood vessels rupture and blood stagnate, resulting in testicle atrophy.
Clinical manifestations: can see uni- or bilateral testicle atrophy, they are small and soft, occasionally is hard, or slight swelling pain. Moreover, the patient may also have varying degree of secondory sexual characteristic hypoplasia, e.g breast growth (gynecomastia), puberty growth delays, even appears the male feminization. At present, we often use the international testicle measuring instrument to check testicle size or volume, Chinese s testicle size range is 15 - 25; thus smaller than 12 is diagnosed as 'testicle atrophy' clinically. Other than that, one must also pay attention to the testicle features; if injury is severe, the seminal fluid inspection is carried out, but it is still the most accurate to diagnose by testicle biopsy.
The modern medicine believed that there is two factors of atrophy-- congenital or acquired. Congenital, such as undescended testis, congenital anomalies and etc; acquired, such as testicle external trauma, inverted testis, inflammation, tumor and so on. Moreover, senile, long-term high fever, vitamin deficiency, the liver cirrhosis, the thyroid function insufficiency, pituitary disorders, hypothalamus disorders also can cause testicle atrophy; systemic infections can spread to testis hematogenously, causing other complications, e.g chicken pox, malaria, syphilis, infectious mononucleosis, worm diseases and etc; moreover, the testicle radioactivity injury is a permanent damage to the embryonic epithelium, the duct has only the Sertoli cell, it undergoes progressive atrophy and hardening of the basal membrane, thus also may cause this disease.
You may also be interested in:
Many middle-aged men found themselves appeared premature ejaculation
Most patients experience sexual dysfunction , may feel overwhelmed. They feel
People will get old. So do mens penises. Mens penises grow old mainly reflect
The notion of nightly penis erections in the medical science refers to the
Testicular cancer is not common in the daily life and its incidence only
In the United States alone there are about 30 million men who suffer from
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- Redundant prepuce and phimosis are common symptoms in male adolescents
- Common scrotal skin diseases
- A small penis is what causes it?
- Scrotum eczema What are the symptoms?
- What is phimosis and redundant prepuce?
- Which sleeping position most suitable for men
- Self-massage can cure impotence
- Testicle pain
- Exercise testicles, is actually very simple
- Often Wearing Briefs Curves Male Penis
Best of tcmwell.com
A British psychologist says that don't drag out of a lot of trivial matters in
Second, in aspect of how to use mask, there is no necessary to use like how
What is the color of normal urine? The color of normal urine is faint yellow.
ejaculating too early and fall to prevent ejaculation in sexual function
I saw a patient just the other day that was at her wits end. She asked me about
It's the question that just about every teenage boy asks himself -- and may
- is it normal for the testes to hang in between a man's legs
- Is this a normal penis behavior?
- How to resolve constipation
- How can Healthy Weight Loss?
- How to treat gastric ulcer
- Gastric cancer patients to eat?
- How to care for patients with H1N1
- What is the reason for infertility
- Impotence causes
- Cause stomach pain reasons
- This is a urethral stones do?
- How treatment of stroke ?
- I do not know what the reason for feet of swollen?
- Irregular menstruation should be how Conditioning?
- Finger joint pain is not arthritis?
- Premature ejaculation patient care tips
- Why balanitis occurs?
- Sexual Health: Circumcision
- Treatment of prostatitis: zinc can be reconstituted and
- The secret life of a small prostate health
- Good five kinds of healthy foods for men
- middle-aged man Sleep well to be healthy
- Dietary treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia
- Losers Enjoy Better Sex Life
- Facial mask is not the patent for ladies only
- Often Wearing Briefs Curves Male Penis
- Chinese medicine treatment hematospermia
- Man, you may die of pulling out you beard!
- Drinking Chinese Tea to Promote Health
- Men How to “Sleep” Can Be Health?