Erectile Dysfunction and Other Causes of Sexual Dysfunction
Sexual dysfunction and sexual desire disorders can affect anyone-both men and women- and occur at any age. Supposed to be fulfilling, a lack of sexuality may be very distressing for a couple. The ideas, thoughts and feelings are at least as important as the physical manifestations of sexual dysfunction.
We can diagnose erectile dysfunction when there is a repeated inability to have an erection or to maintain an adequate erection for intercourse. It should not be confused with the isolated or occasional erectile failure which, although often experienced and so annoying can be quite normal. The vast majority of men experience such periods of temporary erectile dysfunction at one stage of their lives. Erectile dysfunction affects approximately 20% of men aged 50 to 59 years, a proportion that increases with age and disease. It is however a well proven fact that a healthy man can remain sexually active well into old age.
Other Causes of Sexual Dysfunction
Once exclusively associated with women, the failure of sexual desire affects men as well in addition to erectile dysfunction. An infinite number of factors can interfere with desire. Culture, values, economic and social context are just a few. In fact, a genuine desire disorder is diagnosed when loss of libido occurs for no apparent reason and persists over time. In general, the factors involved in erectile dysfunction can also alter the taste for sexual activity.
We can diagnose this sexual disorder when, in a systematic and uncontrolled manner, a male ejaculates at the slightest excitement, often even before he is able to penetrate his or her partner. The phenomenon may also occur during masturbation. Again, this situation may arise in a normal healthy individual, and it occurs in most men at one time or another. In premature ejaculation, the phenomenon is not temporary. It is rather a constant behavioural problem. This sexual disorder affects about one third of the men, making it the most common sexual disorder.
In addition to premature ejaculation, there are other disorders of ejaculation, which are much rarer. Examples include delayed ejaculation, where the man has difficulty ejaculating or does so only if intercourse is very long.
This was described for the first time in 1743 by the French surgeon François de la Peyronie. The disease is characterized by a deformity of the erect penis, which can be very painful and can prevent normal sexual intercourse. It affects about 1% of men. This disease can in some cases, lead to erectile dysfunction. It is usually secondary to an injury which causes adhesions in the penile tissue.
Symptoms of Erectile Dysfunction
Inability or difficulty having an erection
An erection that is not firm enough to allow penetration.
Inability to maintain an erection after penetration.
Most men treated for erectile dysfunction are able to regain a satisfactory sexuality. To do this, the cause of the malfunction and the risk factors must be identified by a physician. If the dysfunction is not related to a specific health problem, treatment may include an improved lifestyle, a cognitive-behavioral therapy or consulting a sex therapist and sometimes medication.
You may also be interested in:
Many middle-aged men found themselves appeared premature ejaculation
Most patients experience sexual dysfunction , may feel overwhelmed. They feel
People will get old. So do mens penises. Mens penises grow old mainly reflect
The notion of nightly penis erections in the medical science refers to the
Testicular cancer is not common in the daily life and its incidence only
In the United States alone there are about 30 million men who suffer from
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- Common scrotal skin diseases
- Redundant prepuce and phimosis are common symptoms in male adolescents
- A small penis is what causes it?
- Scrotum eczema What are the symptoms?
- What is phimosis and redundant prepuce?
- Which sleeping position most suitable for men
- Self-massage can cure impotence
- Testicle pain
- Often Wearing Briefs Curves Male Penis
- Exercise testicles, is actually very simple
Best of tcmwell.com
Research in Harvard University discovers that, risk on male who eat tomato 2 to
A British psychologist says that don't drag out of a lot of trivial matters in
In recent years the rise in domestic holiday single section and so on, for the
How can we let men more abundant energy Eat the following types of food,
Apple is not only a nutritional fruit that people like to eat, but also
Study found that zinc content in succus prostaticus and seminal plasma is very
- is it normal for the testes to hang in between a man's legs
- Is this a normal penis behavior?
- How to resolve constipation
- How can Healthy Weight Loss?
- How to treat gastric ulcer
- Gastric cancer patients to eat?
- How to care for patients with H1N1
- What is the reason for infertility
- Impotence causes
- Cause stomach pain reasons
- This is a urethral stones do?
- How treatment of stroke ?
- I do not know what the reason for feet of swollen?
- Irregular menstruation should be how Conditioning?
- Finger joint pain is not arthritis?
- Poor treatment of male sexual function requires science treatment
- Natural Therapy for Sexual Dysfunction
- To prevent erectile dysfunction and male impotence
- most suitable for men that the Five kinds of food
- four performances of men's penises become age
- green tea can be very effective in fighting cholesterol was high
- Survival manual for husband
- The secret life of a small prostate health
- Losers Enjoy Better Sex Life
- Sexual Health: Circumcision
- Physical and mental health care for single men
- Secondhand: Increases Risk Of Dementia
- Watermelon May Boost Libido
- Two killers of Men's Skin Aging
- Dietary treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia