Treatment For Menopausal Symptoms
The menopause is a natural process; however, many people, including doctors, treat it like a disease which needs to be cured. Certainly some of the above symptoms will be excessive and unpleasant for some women, and warrant relief. Conventional allopathic treatment has largely focused around replacing lost estrogen, and/or treating women for depression.
In the intervening years, side effects and new research (for instance, documenting a rise in endometrial cancers in ORT users) prompted the development of Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) which delivers synthetic progestogen as well as estrogen. Continued research has induced caution, and most doctors now prescribe HRT for only 5 years or so, although some women take it for longer. Nowadays HRT is - in theory - customized to suit a woman¡¯s needs and minimize side effects, and it is available in many forms: tablets, pessaries, skin patches, creams and implants.
The medical justification for prescribing HRT is that it will protect bones from osteoporosis and the heart from heart disease. However, there is a slightly increased risk of breast cancer, uterine cancer and blood-clotting disorders; therefore HRT contra-indicated for anyone with a family history or tendency to these. And while some menopausal symptoms are lessened on HRT, side effects may produce other unwelcome symptoms.
Another point worth noting is that while estrogen continues to be manufactured in the body after menopause (albeit in smaller quantities), progesterone production ceases altogether. As a supplement it is therefore more likely to disturb the bodys natural balance.
You may also be interested in:
Woman's private parts are susceptible to bacterial infestation , but the vulva
According to the report of Japanese nationals living center found that women
Do you have fine lines, wrinkles or crow's feet do? Perhaps, these skin
Senile vaginitis, also known as atrophic vaginitis; is a non-specific
Women after mycoplasma infection increased vaginal discharge, burning or
Cesarean increasingly popular , in addition to fear of pain , fear of
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- What could cause abdominal pain after abortion?
- How to Take Good Care of Vagina
- Common abnormal clitoris
- The right way to clean the vagina of women
- The correct method of cleaning the vagina
- Warning female masturbation three errors
- Post-partum resumption of menstruation and ovulation
- Women's Cold Hands and Feet Symptoms are Diseases
- Pregnant women on the best soup
- Uterine hypertrophy disease
Best of tcmwell.com
Female puberty, due to the gradual maturation of ovarian, their vagina will
German Research Center of the physical scientists who have been suffering from
Active and effective half-hour a day exercise can be a woman's risk of uterine
Many things can cause problems with your sex life. Medicines, diseases (like
Women with menstrual cramps are often offered either non steroidal
Most of the women will receive good effect and improved symptoms of slack
- is it normal for the testes to hang in between a man's legs
- Is this a normal penis behavior?
- How to resolve constipation
- How can Healthy Weight Loss?
- How to treat gastric ulcer
- Gastric cancer patients to eat?
- How to care for patients with H1N1
- What is the reason for infertility
- Impotence causes
- Cause stomach pain reasons
- This is a urethral stones do?
- How treatment of stroke ?
- I do not know what the reason for feet of swollen?
- Irregular menstruation should be how Conditioning?
- Finger joint pain is not arthritis?
- How to spread women mycoplasma infection
- The treatment of chronic pelvic inflammatory disease
- What is breast cancer?
- Pregnant women on the best soup
- Leucorrhea cause of abnormal
- Breast Cancer Prediction
- Teach you Chinese medicine care Winter skin
- TCM Treatment male fertility
- Chinese Herbal Medicine May Help Relieve Painful Menstrual Cramps
- "Boots + skirt" Jalan upper body disease
- Professional women, attention to these symptoms
- Middle-aged women eat more soy strong bones
- Menopause based on TCM
- Will accelerate the aging woman overeating
- Postpartum Depression