Treatment For Menopausal Symptoms
The menopause is a natural process; however, many people, including doctors, treat it like a disease which needs to be cured. Certainly some of the above symptoms will be excessive and unpleasant for some women, and warrant relief. Conventional allopathic treatment has largely focused around replacing lost estrogen, and/or treating women for depression.
In the intervening years, side effects and new research (for instance, documenting a rise in endometrial cancers in ORT users) prompted the development of Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) which delivers synthetic progestogen as well as estrogen. Continued research has induced caution, and most doctors now prescribe HRT for only 5 years or so, although some women take it for longer. Nowadays HRT is - in theory - customized to suit a woman¡¯s needs and minimize side effects, and it is available in many forms: tablets, pessaries, skin patches, creams and implants.
The medical justification for prescribing HRT is that it will protect bones from osteoporosis and the heart from heart disease. However, there is a slightly increased risk of breast cancer, uterine cancer and blood-clotting disorders; therefore HRT contra-indicated for anyone with a family history or tendency to these. And while some menopausal symptoms are lessened on HRT, side effects may produce other unwelcome symptoms.
Another point worth noting is that while estrogen continues to be manufactured in the body after menopause (albeit in smaller quantities), progesterone production ceases altogether. As a supplement it is therefore more likely to disturb the bodys natural balance.
You may also be interested in:
Woman's private parts are susceptible to bacterial infestation , but the vulva
According to the report of Japanese nationals living center found that women
Do you have fine lines, wrinkles or crow's feet do? Perhaps, these skin
Senile vaginitis, also known as atrophic vaginitis; is a non-specific
Women after mycoplasma infection increased vaginal discharge, burning or
Cesarean increasingly popular , in addition to fear of pain , fear of
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- What could cause abdominal pain after abortion?
- How to Take Good Care of Vagina
- Common abnormal clitoris
- The right way to clean the vagina of women
- The correct method of cleaning the vagina
- Warning female masturbation three errors
- Post-partum resumption of menstruation and ovulation
- Women's Cold Hands and Feet Symptoms are Diseases
- Pregnant women on the best soup
- Uterine hypertrophy disease
Best of tcmwell.com
The study was published in this issue of the Journal of pain and symptoms.
Women's unique physical characteristics, as well as facing the dual pressures
First:2 to 3 days if no stool, but did not feel discomfort, it is not
One's life should pay attention to calcium, for women, to children aged 12-14
Perhaps you when James Foundation, a habit is a foundation coating and thin and
General feelings In fact, no two people feel exactly the same, and no one
- is it normal for the testes to hang in between a man's legs
- Is this a normal penis behavior?
- How to resolve constipation
- How can Healthy Weight Loss?
- How to treat gastric ulcer
- Gastric cancer patients to eat?
- How to care for patients with H1N1
- What is the reason for infertility
- Impotence causes
- Cause stomach pain reasons
- This is a urethral stones do?
- How treatment of stroke ?
- I do not know what the reason for feet of swollen?
- Irregular menstruation should be how Conditioning?
- Finger joint pain is not arthritis?
- red date and Medicinal glue
- Dysmenorrhea may also be "can not have children the killer"
- How To Get Rid Pregnancy Constipation
- What are the benign ovarian cysts in Common?
- Dysmenorrhea is also considered a kind of irregular menstruation it?
- Breast cancer is a big killer of women
- Gynecological inflammation hazards
- Breast Cancer Risk
- women how to for delay climacteric period
- Something embarrassing in chasing girls
- In menstruation time, women should nourish with sweet foods
- Dysmenorrhea (Painful Menstruation)
- Teach you Chinese medicine care Winter skin
- Chronic pelvic inflammatory disease
- Drugs and glue the red today, while eating or after the date