lumbago is one of the commonly seen clinical symptoms,and a syndrome caused by various kinds of diseases. according~to modern medical science, the occurrence of is mostly due to injury of the lumbar muscles,ligaments fasciae, and joints, or congenital deformity of lumbosacral vertebrae, protrusion of the lumbar intervertebral-disc, or pathological changes of some internal such as the kidney and bladder.In the theory of TCM, in addition to the fact thatlumbogo is closely related to functional changes of the kidney invasion of exogenous pathogenic wind, cold, dampness etc. and injury of fall and sprain may all lead to blood qi sta~ation of the meridians in the lower back,which will cause obstruction resulting in the disorder.
Acute Lumbago, also called Shanyao ( lumbar sprain~). Lumbago usually occurs when people bend their wrist to work with improper posture or strength, or when they overload their waists, which cause intensive contraction of the muscles leading to rupture of soft tissues such as the muscle fibers and fascia and other injuries. Or it may also result from sprain of the waist, which brings on impaction and malposition of the lumbar vertebral joints as well as rupture of the ligaments and joint capsules around the joints, or even protrusion of the lumbar intervertebral disc. }
according to the diagnostic methods mentioned in the previous chapter, combined with experimental tests,tuina therapy has significant effects on lumbago excluding those caused by visceral diseases. Lumbago may clinically be divided the acute and the chronic types.
Chronic Lumbago: It refers to the intermittent sore and distending pain in the lumbus caused by delayed or uncured acute lumbago and chronic strain of the soft tissues, which is characteristic of extensive, but not sharp pain aggravated by fatigue and relieved by rest and also related to changes of weather. There is no marked disturbance, but a pulling sensation in waist movements .The diseased part is of preference for warmth and aversion to cold. Of special functional tests, the calcaneus-hip test and the lifting straightened leg test prove positive
This type of acute pain may have a sudden attack after trauma, injury of soft tissue is signed by marked tenderness, and tension of the muscles increases because of their protective contraction. When small joints are impaction or mallocated, local swelling is not evident, but there is severe pain. While in patients with protrusion of lumbar intervertebral disc, the pain may radiate to the lower limb. In the special lumbar functional tests of ordinary cases, positive results can be seen in flexing test(Nrudzinski's sign) and straightening the abdomen test. In the patient with protrusion of lumbar intervertebraldisc, tests of lifting a straightening leg and increasing pressure on it and tests of dorsiflexion and plantar flexion of the great toe are both positive.
The principle of tuina therapy: activating flow of qi~ blood circulation, restoring and reducing soft tissues he patient takes a supine position. The doctor applies one finger pushing or rolling manipulations to the painful area and its surroundings in the lumbar region (for those with redness, swelling and severe pain, pressing-kneading manipulation may be performed first), combined with pressing Shenshu (BL 23), Dachangshu (BL 25), JuLiao(GB 29) and pressure pain points. According to different
dysfunction, passive movements can be made properly and co-operatively for 3 - 5 minute
(2)Press-knead Weizhong (BL 40), Zusanli (ST36)Juegu (GB 39) with strong stimulation for one minutes respectively to relieve pain in the lumbus.
The patient takes a supine position. The doctor scrubs the lumbosacral region along the direction of the fibers of sacrospinalis until a hot sensation is achieved.
You may also be interested in:
Woman's private parts are susceptible to bacterial infestation , but the vulva
According to the report of Japanese nationals living center found that women
Do you have fine lines, wrinkles or crow's feet do? Perhaps, these skin
Senile vaginitis, also known as atrophic vaginitis; is a non-specific
Women after mycoplasma infection increased vaginal discharge, burning or
Cesarean increasingly popular , in addition to fear of pain , fear of
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- What could cause abdominal pain after abortion?
- How to Take Good Care of Vagina
- Common abnormal clitoris
- The right way to clean the vagina of women
- The correct method of cleaning the vagina
- Warning female masturbation three errors
- Post-partum resumption of menstruation and ovulation
- Women's Cold Hands and Feet Symptoms are Diseases
- Pregnant women on the best soup
- Uterine hypertrophy disease
Best of tcmwell.com
Every pregnant woman has been told that we must strengthen the nutrition, but
One's life should pay attention to calcium, for women, to children aged 12-14
Many women during this period should eat something hot, such as dates,
Chinese medicine believes that the impassioned internal injuries as a result of
There are many bellies killer of women's lives. It is stated on the basis of
There are many womb killers in women lifetime. It is reported based on the
- is it normal for the testes to hang in between a man's legs
- Is this a normal penis behavior?
- How to resolve constipation
- How can Healthy Weight Loss?
- How to treat gastric ulcer
- Gastric cancer patients to eat?
- How to care for patients with H1N1
- What is the reason for infertility
- Impotence causes
- Cause stomach pain reasons
- This is a urethral stones do?
- How treatment of stroke ?
- I do not know what the reason for feet of swollen?
- Irregular menstruation should be how Conditioning?
- Finger joint pain is not arthritis?
- Breast cancer can be prevented?
- practice Yoga The five notices
- Fallopian tube blockage
- Irregular menstruation drug TCM Guide
- The treatment of chronic pelvic inflammatory disease
- The Dietetic therapy for endometrial cancer
- Diet can prevent breast cancer
- Female beauty of Chinese medicine approach to the black eye
- After pregnancy, some habits must be changed
- Medicinal glue and red date, eating in or after the Menstruation dates?
- Five Tips to Maintain Healthy Breasts
- tonic teas make women healthier
- Fatigue Affects Breast Cancer Patients
- How to spread women mycoplasma infection
- Jujube is a natural vitamin